How's the splice today?

• Thread starter Wagnaw
  • Start date
  • Replies 1K
  • Views 182K
Things were going so well on this used sirius lanyard until I forgot to add the snap hook before burying:|: Worst part is I only realised whilst running it home:X
20160105_234329.jpg

That's the only way to brummel a 2nd ring that i know of,I'm sure thats how Nick did his too

first post here, been lurking for some time. Started splicing again since work is slowing down.

super smooth made at treestuffs splicing seminar last year
24297914486_6c0347731c_b.jpg

home made haas
24028503540_3e338dba0a_b.jpg

yale xtc
24028502030_287be6e78d_b.jpg

sterling tendril
24297918186_480751f363_b.jpg

safari. I read that this one was tough, I worked at it though and honestly didnt think it was too bad, while some commented the splice looks fat, im going to try again and I think its going to be a much better result
23956276349_f43f832c63_b.jpg

yale prism. this stuff spliced like a dream
24028508160_316c2812a3_b.jpg

Welcome Kevin!!
Prism is cool looking stuff, is it the picture or did you accumulate a bit of bunching in the eye? Great work👍

Welcome Kevin!!
Prism is cool looking stuff, is it the picture or did you accumulate a bit of bunching in the eye? Great work��

There is a bit of bunching. this was also another thing I was looking to get some advice on. I did stitch the cross over before burying to try to compress everything and keep it tight but i feel like the bunching up may have started some what close to the end of the bury. Is there something that can be done, or does is need to be buried more to equal it out? Thanks.

I'd also like to note that some of these splices that I did, I bought 20ft lengths of rope to try on. I think this is a good way to practice and also the bag of rope that treestuff sells is a great deal.

There is a bit of bunching. this was also another thing I was looking to get some advice on. I did stitch the cross over before burying to try to compress everything and keep it tight but i feel like the bunching up may have started some what close to the end of the bury. Is there something that can be done, or does is need to be buried more to equal it out? Thanks.

I'd also like to note that some of these splices that I did, I bought 20ft lengths of rope to try on. I think this is a good way to practice and also the bag of rope that treestuff sells is a great deal.

wow, what a difference, i dont even know what i did different.
23713692614_cf9894f464_b.jpg

How's the splice today?!?! Not worth a damn. Used tachyon. Guy wants it for monday, if I had more time I'd lay it out in the back yard and milk 100ft or more to get it to bury easier. Didn't win on this one.
IMG_20160122_170918.jpg

Just warm water for lube. Should get some KY, but the girlfriend gets suspicious when sex things are at my house when she's not been around.

Edit: I'm hoping overnight cursing and swearing will make it bury tomorrow.

Does anybody remember if it was in here or not where someone had a really great looking swedish fid made by a friend? I remember thinking how cool it was but couldn't remember if it was on Facebook or Treebuzz or somewhere else.

Back