Historic BIGFOOT TRAP near Red Buttes and Applegate River

mdvaden

Treehouser
After about 12 years, I returned again to see the historic Bigfoot Trap a stone throw from the Oregon and California border.

FAKE NEWS!!! Mr. Bigfoot actually built that thing for the missus and it has a solid Birdseye maple vanity with double sinks, a Boss Bidet Luxury Toilet, a $5000 solid copper Japanese soaking tub, and a lovely top of the line far infrared sauna, built from kiln dried, pure heart Western Red Cedar....

Last edited:
Its a funny thing the Bigfoot story.

I worked up in the Queen Charlotte Islands as a fresh faced logger in 99,we lived on an Island in the middle of knowhere and my boss also lived on the same place.He was a straight up,hard working no BS crew boss.He was convinced there were big foot up there,the native people had their own name for them and I cant remember exactly what that was.

He had been pelted with rocks and stones from a river one time when cruising timber,his father much the same,some kind of excrement had been spread on tree stumps on their strip (a decade before protesters).

So in short I had no reason to disbelieve him.

I can tell you one story about Big Foot, and it's true story. In 1958 the whole town of Crescent City was buzzing. Someone had made a plaster cast of a big foot print and put it on display in a downtown store front window. The local paper run an article on it ''BIG NEWS'' ''BIG FOOT'' in Del Norte County!!!

Everybody went to go see it. Some people actually believed it. You could hear it in the tone of their voice. "My Gawd, look and the size of that thing!" Afterwards the hike through the woods to go trout fishing in Mill Creek turned into a ''RUN'' through the woods to Mill Creek. In all the excitement I rammed the tip of my rod into the ground and broke it clean off, still hanging on by the fishing line, I never lost my stride. Had I stopped it would have been the end, I know.

True story. A 9 year old kid and his run-away imagination. Cracks me up every time I think about it today.

Back