Highball

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
You know, this is sorta like Willie having Jer's Stihl 090, or me having his Strohax fallers axe...doesn't matter if you ever put it to day to day use. It's a collector's item for any real treeman just because it belonged to the one and only Gerald F. Beranek!

Good luck all!

:/: I'm still staying out, I have a less than happy history with those damn things :lol:.

True fact Burnham. Sometimes I think that I should send my 'Fundamentals' over to Ft. Bragg to get it signed by the author, then shipped back to me. The problem is that the cover is about to fall off (the paper sleeve long ago disintegrated) from being consulted so much, and passed around to some mates who can't read the text, but looking at the photos and diagrams proved very useful they said. By far the most complete teaching instruction in tree work that I have ever had, entire passages committed to memory. In it's current condition, I don't think the book would survive the transit so well. Sometimes at a job I might bring up something that Jerry has discussed, and since the mates don't recall his name, I usually refer to him, 'as the guy who wrote that book'. Not the best way to describe perhaps, but meant with the utmost respect.

Very true man, I got that book back in 07, I thought I was the best climber, thought I knew all the tricks, then I read Jerry's book and it mellowed me right out, I've read it many times since because it seems like every-time I do I learn something from it.

Jay, I brought my old copy ( probably the first one ever to make it to Denmark) over when I visited Jerry 2 years ago.

Then I forgot it at the RRR lodge and never got it signed.

A very well travelled copy, indeed.

I wondered if there might be an international market for Jerry's book, justify having it translated into different languages, but I guess that most countries can at least read English to some extent? I'd love to try and do it for here, but would probably die before getting it done, and the market for it would be relatively small, I believe.

We have a very close winner. But it's not over yet.

I'm not sure of the shipping weight. Why ask?

Jay, I thinks it's better to just send you a new printing. PM me your address.

Ka Boom.

The number I have written down here at my computer, when having started this, is 74. Which makes Aborworks the closest guesser and winner of the 45-70 Bridger Line Gun. PM me your shipping address and I will get it on its way this week. The shipping charges will be on the label.

Congrats!

Back