Here's one for ya

So the fella is accepting your bid knowing the terms in writing.

So you call him to schedule the work, ask politely if he will be home at that time for payment on completion. Yes your good to go. No ask what time/day works for him.

He starts waffling cancel the job.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
People here would be like, You're giving me a towel? What for? That's gross. Is it dirty? You trying to tell me something? Get off my property!

Red, that sounds good. I decided I'm going to ask for 1/2 up front cuz he's a new customer, and tell him, truthfully, I can't do it for 2 weeks so if he needs it done sooner then somebody else should do it. If he's ok with that, then we'll do it and try to get the second half soon as we're done. Damn I hope the roof doesn't cave in when we're up there!!

I think you are judging a book by the cover Cory. Just because he doesn't care about his real estate doesn't mean he doesn't have perfect credit and a spotless reputation of being a man of his word. Sort of like someone judging us because we are tree rats covered in saw dust. The dirty hands and dust on our jeans must mean we are strung out drunks that are behind on child support. You follow? Do the work.

Personally, I am more afraid of doing business with the guy in the BMW down the street from the guy in the dumpy house.

I agree Chris. Any problems I ever have tend to be with the section of upper middle class that think they are wealthier than they really are and live beyond their means.

Oh oh, Jim….jinx jinx jinx

Stiffed twice in 20 some years is a good track record. But don't misjudge someone. House condition is absolutely zero indication of whether or not they pay their dues with people. It's an indication of how much they give a shit about their house, not their word.

Tuck, I don't disagree with a thing you say. But I guarantee you too would have had second thoughts if you saw this house. As I mentioned earlier, the place was such a wreck I wondered why he would be concerned about a dead tree laying on his roof. Ill get some pics when I do the job.

What's the tree really worth? You said you bid it to not get it so if he bails are you going to be out much? But then again dude probably has shoe boxes full of cash cuase he ain't spending any on up keep.

I agree. Is it a $500 tree you put $1600 on? If it's something like that where you wouldn't be out much at all I'd just do it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Probably $1000.00

Back