good 2 stroke engines??

PCTREE

Treehouser
OK so Im looking for a replacement 2 stoke motor for the Wraptors, was hoping to continue using Tanaka as they have been so reliable thus far but they no longer offer motors??? I need something in the range of 27-35 cc from a good manufacturer.

Any ideas?

Does it have to be a 2 stroke? Cause of the weird angles and whatnot? Honda makes some awesome tiny little four strokes. . .

I don't think that Paul wants the added weight of a four stroke. I guess bulkier too with the oil tank.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Blacksmith if I had my druthers I would buy an American made motor (which is unobtanium) . Failing that I want a good name brand engine, None of the big brands seem to make one, not past buying a tool and ripping the motor off.

Grendel I am planning on using a honda on the tower version but IMO tree guys need a 2 stroke, good for me too to further diferentiate the 2.

I have sourced what seems to be a suitable gearbox but now need to put a motor to it and run it for a LONG time. I have to fix any that break:O

I sure like the 4 Mix engine on my Stihl trimmer. Not sure what the benefit is of it, but it seems light and starts good.

I bet its lighter than a Honda 4 stroke.

I sure cant think of an engine that is made here that would fit your needs. Sorry.

Dont they make mini Rotax engines?

Sounds like I need to spend some time in the machine shop. Not sure I can do the EPA certs though.

I loathe the Stihl 4Mix engines, on everything except the backpack blower they just fall apart. Stihl are gradually phasing them out I believe, my new Kombi engine is a 2 stroke.

They are good, until they collapse in a pile of bent valves. Need a proper annual service apparently, my nearest dealer is nearly an hour away and none of my other kit needs to be taken back to the dealer for a week every 12 months.

I'm with CurSedVoyce on this one. Echo makes some of the best 2-stroke engines in the world. I've got one on my little water pump. Old as the hills....runs like a top. Love my Echo stuff....all of it.

Joel

A Simple valve adjustment on the four mix motors is all it takes. 15 min and under $5.

and honestly Wraptors run for very little time each day, 5 mins would be a big day on our jobs .

This is the 25.4 CC but they have a smaller one as well. I rarely have issues with my echo motors and the fix is super cheap for what they put out. New motor only runs about 100.00 and change plus about 2 hours max of sweat equity.
https://www.singlecylinderstore.com/image/cache/Products/Drills/Echo%20EDR-260/5907e09f-15c5-45bc-b176-9a33ee6a6a7c_1000-800x800.jpg
5907e09f-15c5-45bc-b176-9a33ee6a6a7c_1000-800x800.jpg

I am working on a 2 stroke, a 4 stroke and maybe an electric which requires me to do my homework on batteries

And you wonder how Ed finds the energy to build a new grapple truck??

Same diff.;)

I'm with CurSedVoyce on this one. Echo makes some of the best 2-stroke engines in the world. I've got one on my little water pump. Old as the hills....runs like a top. Love my Echo stuff....all of it.

Joel

Wow, that is a really great endorsement! Thanks for your post!

Tim

Oh for shit sake! Stig said they were good!

So far my "cutting vegetation under water" outfit has been running for about 2 months annually at full throttle for 11 years with only 2 valve adjustments.

Piece of shit, really!

Back