Giveaway: BigShot Release Snap

heres my pic...essay to follow..........:D

Last edited by a moderator:
I should have ya'll write a 200 word essay on why you need it and then let the 'Housers vote.
scheme.gif

totally.

I vote that I should win it cause I'm so cool... in my own mind that is.;)

Amen brother! Lets not be flirting with that reality crap... I heard it causes cancer.:O

Setting up the BS trigger

I don't need to be in on the drawing, but I will re-post some pics of my version of setting up the trigger...I reckon they got lost in the crash. This is a real nice arrangement, and can improve range as well as accuracy. If you are the winner, you'll want to do something like this, trust me.

It achieves 2:1 ma on pulling the shot rubbers into place, so it's easy to use. A baby distal hitch captures the gain. The end of the cocking cord is fixed to the pole with a prusik hitch. Load the bag before tightening down on the shot pocket...it gets pulled closed tight, makeing it hard to get the bag in deep enough otherwise.

Attachments

• Dscn0910.jpg
    Dscn0910.jpg
    715.3 KB · Views: 6
  • Dscn0913.jpg
    Dscn0913.jpg
    373.1 KB · Views: 5
  • Dscn0905.jpg
    Dscn0905.jpg
    287.9 KB · Views: 4
  • Dscn0906.jpg
    Dscn0906.jpg
    865.5 KB · Views: 4
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Lordy, how can a 'lil piece of metal cost so much? Does the military make it, lol.

I'll post pictures of my set up. It might take awhile because my set up was stolen but I think I can whip up a mock up.

Burnham your set up takes alot of strength. Mine used a ratcheting pulley.

Gerry B. uses two micro pulleys

Oh no, Frans...an eight year old could pull that thing down to within 2 feet of the end of the pole, no problem. Old man that I am, it doesn't stain me in the least to get everything available out of 8 feet of pole.

I'm sure pulleys would make it even easier, but this is not hard at all to do. Less to flop around after triggering it, too.

Thanks for re-posting the pictures, Burnham. Great stuff there. :)
And Butch, I think you're right. I'll withdraw my name so that it might go to somebody who can get more use out of it. I rarely have to set lines any more. 8)

Deva, your gonna carry a big shot on your trip?

Naw, you better pass buddy. I don't think Greyhound will let you on with some big pole cluttering up the aisle and poking folks in the eye

:)

Back