Gerald Beranek donation thread (OLD THREAD!)

Donations for Jerry

• Yes!

Votes: 18 85.7%
  • Hmmmmm...

Votes: 2 9.5%
  • No!

Votes: 1 4.8%

• Total voters

MasterBlaster

Administrator Emeritus
Should we have one? My vote is yes. I know he isn't a member here, but he's a true tree brother out there that many of us have learned from over the years.
I'm sending him something as soon as I find out how (FRANS) to do it.

Let's muster up some more TreeHouse MOJO! I know it helped me in my time of need!

Here's his website where you can order his books and cd's; http://www.atreestory.com/

Here's his mailing address;

Beranek Publications
P.O. Box 251
Fort Bragg, CA 95437

Cash, personal checks, money orders, it's all good and every little bit helps!!!

Just let Jerry know it's from a TreeHouser, 'cuz he ain't expecting squat!

The 'High Climbers & Timber Fallers' book is for sale.
If you put on the letter you send to him that you are from the TreeHouse, he will make sure you get the latest edition.The latest edition has great different color pictures (than the first edition) and is better layed out.
The cost is:$49.95 per book. The shipping is:$10.00.
the shipping is the 'flat rate' box that the U.S. postal service provides. the box will fit 3 books for the same price.

Your intentions are honorable, but remember that Gerry has shunned this forum. I don't know if he's so much a 'brother' as a 'distant cousin'. He never bothered responding when informed of threads specifically offering him well wishes for his marriage, etc.
:|:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I don't think he's "shunned" this forum. He strikes me as not being the computer/forum type, plus he's even emailed me about how he was having a hard time trying to register/log on here.

Who knows, maybe this will open his eyes more to friends via online communities.

;)

plus he's even emailed me about how he was having a hard time trying to register/log on here.

;)

That can be a very frustrating problem...I have had the same trouble getting registered here before...so did some of my friends/relatives that wanted to see some of the picts I had posted related to them. He may show up yet.

if someone can find a paypal style hookup or otherwsie that is direct and applicable. I say yes, certainly a thing to consider for the modern tree worker. If you dont allready own his books, at least make up an order for them! :)

I'm in favor. Donations aren't compulsory so those who don't have the wherewithall or desire don't have to do anything.

I'll go with what Frans says, he knows Gerry and should be able to give us council on this matter. I am rather tapped right now for some reason. Perhaps I can help later on in his convalescence.

I'll help by buying his book ...maybe his CD.

Jeez, that thing look horrible! ...Oops, did I say that out loud?:P

Heal well Mr.B.

HC

After seeing the pics Frans posted of Gerry's foot, I'm definately in, doesn't look good. I can't give much right now as things are still a little tight money wise, slow winter among other things but the near future looks promising.

I feel so sorry for Gerry right now, I look at those pictures thinking that could have been my son's foot when my former partner put that outrigger down on his foot.

So I am definately in.

Here's his mailing address;

Beranek Publications
P.O. Box 251
Fort Bragg, CA 95437

Cash, personal checks, money orders, it's all good and every little bit helps!!!

Just let Jerry know it's from a TreeHouser, 'cuz he ain't expecting squat!

(the address is in the opening post.)

I'd like some input from Frans on this :
I'm thinking of perhaps sending out a letter to the tree co.s in my area (there are a minimum of 80 within a fifty mile radius of me), briefly explaining that Gerry has just experienced the worst injury in his career and that by ordering his books (listed & named in the letter with order info) it would serve a dual purpose >>> It would help support Gerry AND be an awesome addition to anyone's tree interest.
Just an idea.

I'd like some input from Frans on this :
I'm thinking of perhaps sending out a letter to the tree co.s in my area (there are a minimum of 80 within a fifty mile radius of me), briefly explaining that Gerry has just experienced the worst injury in his career and that by ordering his books (listed & named in the letter with order info) it would serve a dual purpose >>> It would help support Gerry AND be an awesome addition to anyone's tree interest.
Just an idea.

Very, very good idea. Maybe someone here can draft up a letter and share with everyone? If y'all remind me- I'll do it tomorra night.

love
nick

I say it's a good idea if you haven't read his book(s) you should. The Fundamental's has a permanent position on my bedside table and I read atleast a chapter a night. As is stated right in there the knowledge in that book is the basics that any treeman should know. An invaluable resource.

That book is a classic, I learned about them through here and now have it and the fundamentals. Absolute essential classics, best books I've ever read bar none. If I had a time machine I'd be going back and harvesting some of that gorgeous timber.

I have both of the books and theCD. looking for an opening for a straight up donation to the GB fund.
Frans. any word on a paypal or somathin?

10% of a one day job is affordable. Did he have workers comp coverage?

I have both of the books and theCD. looking for an opening for a straight up donation to the GB fund.
Frans. any word on a paypal or somathin?

Remember paypal takes a chunk. Just send a check to the address I listed.

Having a hard time posting on this thread. Gerry is not the kind of guy who takes charity.
He did not even let his friend buy the whisky yesterday.
So the idea of buying his books is great. For those of you who already have a book, so buy another one.

About those books. To order a batch takes all the money from the last batch. Kind of a circle of buying and selling without much profit.

I bet Butch does not make any money on those T-shirts.

so buying books will help him in the long run. And make him feel good.

Gerry better sign on fairly soon, or he is gonna be in big trouble with me. :)

No, I make a profit on the tees. There's a lot I have to do to get them going.

And I'm still sending him some cash.

Back