G F Beranek .. Better w/ Age like "vintage" ... Redwood Books

Got my Navarro book and its awesome!!! ...thanks Jer & Ter

lov the info, maps and pics, very Epic to say the lest!

If you dont own this book order one now you wont regret it

Ah, so glad to hear these books arrived to their destinations, and thank you both, Chris and Bots, for the rave reviews. That goes a long ways.

Prairie Creek Redwoods should be coming available by late spring or early summer. Enjoy!

Mine came last week, I flipped briefly through them, looking forward to slowing down this winter!

Mine was waiting on the work bench when I got home:D

Looks very awesome! I think I'm gonna have a good working knowledge of redwoods and their ecosystem when I'm done reading:thumbup:

Thanks very much, Jerr! And the autographed edition is great, but Jerr, I'm really not "one of the greatest treemen to ever walk the earth.." :/: :lol:

I really meant it, Cory.

The last sentence on page 29 I say, "After this you'll become a redwood expert"

But really, anyone who understands basic plant physiology would know the points I make following that statement. The examples I cite for the redwood applies to most trees in general, but with the redwood it just lives a little longer than most, and has a much bigger way of expressing itself.

On the flip-side the environment the tree grows in, be it either optimal or minimal, yields similar and common physiological responses.

Yes, Cory, if you can understand what I just said, you will become a redwood expert.

Definitely almost every page seems to have a good, understandable info on redwoods and how/why/where they grow.

Seeing all those redwoods did get me thinking about "High Climbers and Timber Fallers," kinda wanted to see a fresh stump in there somewhere... hehe:/:;)

I liked the part about how you explained how a redwood forest can withstand just about any disaster that happens to it, unlike fir and pine forests. That was news to me. :drink:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
After a rash of new redwood pages, I took a break this morning, made coffee, and laid down to enjoy another 30 pages.

Its a book one can't rush through. The book is more like wine than a beer. Pull the cork, pour, the seal it again for the next time.

Agreed, these books are so awesome, that you just want to savor each page and REALLY look at the pictures that goes with each one. Never seen books as high quality about these trees...ever.

A very cool story has developed since we published the Humboldt Redwoods book. Those of you that have looked at it know that a lot of the dedicated groves in the park are highlighted in the book. We received a phone call from a gentleman and his wife who bought our book at the visitor center along the Avenue of the Giants and they saw that there was a grove dedicated in their name. They did a lot of internet research and discovered the grove was dedicated in 1989 by a dear elderly friend; apparently she passed before she had a chance to tell them she dedicated a grove in their honor. These people, The Boisclaire's, would never have known about their Grove had they not seen our book! You can imagine how excited they are. Today, they traveled from Red Bluff, Ca to the Avenue in search of their Grove and Grove Marker, which will be no easy task because it is located across the Eel River and the summer bridges have been removed. They will have to ford the river by foot. It's an honor to have a Grove and Marker with your name on it and also very expensive. Their marker cost more than $30,000.00 and the funds went to Save The Redwoods League to be used for saving our trees. We're happy for them!

Here's the dedication marker for the Boisclaire's. I received an email from them today saying they are going to grove just to see the marker. How cool. We made some new friends. It's a exciting surprise for all of us. This image was captured in August of 2013.

Attachments

• Boisclair reduced.jpg
    Boisclair reduced.jpg
    397.7 KB · Views: 44
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Here's the dedication marker for the Boisclaire's. I received an email from them today saying they are going to grove just to see the marker. How cool. We made some new friends. It's a exciting surprise for all of us. This image was captured in August of 2013.

I'm not sure if it will grow legs, but I'm going to copy your text and image and send it to Richard Stenger at the Humboldt Convention and Visitors Bureau, because I think it would make an exceptional article.

Back