G F Beranek .. Better w/ Age like "vintage" ... Redwood Books

mdvaden

Treehouser
Barely got 4 pages into these books a couple days ago, and I decided to wait for my next redwood visit, a week from now, so I can really relax and enjoy. But the sample I read was exceptionally well written ... and reminded me of how some wines or foods improve with age.

Gerald (w/ Mrs. B's assist) have released some very good publications already. But the pages of these latest books exudes a maturity that reminds me of how some plants or trees look beautiful for many years, but eventually reach some point where they produce a certain fruit or blossom that has been long anticipated.

If you think along the lines of the Century Plant, etc., that's what I mean. Anyhow, I'm itching to get into these pages deeper. Bet everyone I cross paths with in Nor Cal will get a glimpse of these.

Thank you ... wonderful work and photos.

Attachments

• Book_A_1000.jpg
    Book_A_1000.jpg
    234.5 KB · Views: 135
  • Book_B_1000.jpg
    Book_B_1000.jpg
    244.4 KB · Views: 133
Looks good.
I'll have to order them.
Been hiking in Navarro Redwoods with the Beraneks.

Thanks, Mario. Century plant?

I've been busy, boys.

These two books are the same page size, 9x12, as the Coast Redwood book was: full color, hardcover, foil stamped with a really sharp glossy dust jacket. Page count of each book- 168.

Humboldt Redwoods has 10 full color, full page maps. The maps are high altitude aerial photos, which I overlaid much graphical information: roads, trails and key features. Very detailed. I'm kind of proud of the way the maps turned out.

Starting at Humboldt Redwoods south entrance, and moving north through the park, for 33 miles. I tell the story of Save the Redwoods, the creation of the park, and the many groves and benefactors behind it. Including hundreds of insets describing native and invasive plant species in the region. Chock-full of images and information. All specific to the Avenue of the Giants. Ultimate trail guide.

Now, Navarro Redwoods, by its subtitle, "Views and Opinion From an Old Logger" is a pictorial rebuttal to the claims of some, and the fears of others, that "A forest once logged is gone forever". Today Navarro Redwoods is going on 160 years old. Young for a redwood forest, I know, but there are many trees and forest settings in the park today you'd be hard pressed distinguishing from old-growth habitat. Be it a second-growth forest, in 160 years, Navarro has reached a climax condition. It's truly amazing what happened in Navarro in so little time.

660 acres, stretched for 11 miles along the banks of the Navarro River. All alluvial floodplain. In 2013 I spent nearly 100 days hiking the flats, exploring all its nooks and crannies. Navarro is the finest example of second-growth redwood habitat in the state. There's no finer on the coast.

There's one more thing. I'm am currently working on a follow-up project about Prairie Creek Redwoods, and the creation of our Redwood National Park. It will be in print next summer.

Of all the redwood parks in California Prairie Creek has the most superb system of trails, over 75 miles of trails, and in this new book I lead the reader through the best of the best. Full page, full color aerial maps depicting roads, trails and features abound!

Page size, page count and pricing of the up-coming book will be the same as for Humboldt Redwoods, and Navarro. To friends, $20.00 plus $5.00 shipping, autographed. Such a deal! Xmas is coming up, and each one of these book would make a fine, and long lasting, gift for friends and loved ones. Order yours now!

Any questions please ask.

Ok Gerry, thanks. I'll be in touch, if I can figure out how to pay you from here.

International money order always works for us. I've tried to talk Jerry into setting up a PayPal account but he got burned by PayPal once and won't do it again. Amazon is going to be in our future, but not yet.

Wow!!!!

Can I send a check for Navarro? If so, what address?

Thankyou Mr and Mrs Beranek.

When paypal got bought out years ago(2002 I believe,think ebay bought them) alot of people "lost" their balances,i was pissed and didn't use it for like 10 years. Seems solid now 👍🏽

International money order always works for us. I've tried to talk Jerry into setting up a PayPal account but he got burned by PayPal once and won't do it again. Amazon is going to be in our future, but not yet.

Hi Terri, can we send our orders in to the address that is on your A Tree Story website?

Got the 2 books today and all I can say is WOW! Thanks Jer, I don't think that there has ever been books like this with such wonderful photos and stories and maps. The books are just jammed packed with info, that I find myself just feeling like I am there amongst those great trees.

You guys will LOVE these books!

Back