FOGT- Wedge compliment-Gerry, clarification please

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Burnham, good measures.

Is it so that one must perpendicular park a pick-up truck by backing in with Gov't or USFS vehicles? Visibility is bad backing out. When backing in, one controls the lane of traffic, as opposed to being the one required to yield.

In an emergency, a person should be able to drive right away without making a bunch of manuevers.

I tell employees to make our one stack of gear that is outside of the truck to the side of the truck, all else being equal. That means its a clear shot out in an emergency, and a small pull the truck forward manuever doesn't run over a saw/ saddle, etc.

Its always the driver's responsibility to check that the truck doors, roof cargo, hitch and wires are secured and working properly. There SHOULD ALWAYS BE A DRIVER for any vehicle moving situation, so there is always someone available, as opposed to making it the passenger's responsibility to help the driver. There have been a few moved vehicles without drivers--park a manual in gear, don't rely on parking brakes on a hill, if you need to leave it running, chock the wheels and Parking Brake it.

All things that can help in an emergency, prevent and emergency, and save money. None cost money more than 2 minutes of someone's wages.

Yeah, the older I get, the more I just feel like I am DONE taking anymore chances whatsoever. Why? I already know I can get lucky once in a while. But why even resort to luck?

We just about always finish our jobs way ahead anyway. We just get complacent and dumb. Typical treetards.

Back