F450 Ford owners

I have a 97 stake body dump, white, 4x4, no cab rust, F-350, auto, upgraded torque converter, 6.0 PSD tranny cooler, 3" downpipe, with no leaks, needs nothing, 98K miles I am thinking about letting go for cheap. Great tires, ball joints, tie rods, and brakes are good. New calipers up front, and complete rebuilds in the rear. 50K on glow plugs and wires, new vacuum pump, gear reduced starter for an 02, dual optima yellow top batteries, 6 ton electric dump, fenders washed from inside out after every snow storm, oil changed every 3500, only use motorcraft fluids and filters and changed at dealer recommended intervals. I know its not what you want but Im starting to think about letting it go for like 7k? It was plowed with for 1 season by the first owner. That's not bullshit either.

Ahh, forgot about that. Hows your 250 since the redo? I know you work them suckers.:)

The 250 is doing fine, 114k miles on it. Averaging 22k miles a year. I am trying Hot Shot's Secret to clear up what I'm guessing is an injector issue of some sort (haven't scanned it yet, the CEL isn't on).

I logged a 1300 mile trip with it weighing 28k when full up with fuel. The heaviest I've been is 31-32k, it rows like a champ.

Stephen, I forgot.... new rotors up front, new brake lines from around the cab on back, frame done in chassis saver, a few new u joints, will have a new IPR by Monday night because that did quit on me today, tranny flushed every 30k, fresh alignment, and a few things I cant remember without looking through receipts. That thing has been taken care of, like any of my trucks and tools. You know want it. Cali to PA isn't that far......

Last truck I sold, I saw the buyer a year later in cuffs on the evening news. Allegedly stole money from the fire department he was the treasurer of. Stole the amount he paid me for the truck. Date of alleged crime was about the date I sold him the truck......

Last truck I sold, I saw the buyer a year later in cuffs on the evening news. Allegedly stole money from the fire department he was the treasurer of. Stole the amount he paid me for the truck. Date of alleged crime was about the date I sold him the truck......

I am gonne need that money Chris, I will get it to the authorities.

That money was gone one business day after it was handed to me. Didn't strike me as a bad guy. Didn't dicker me on the price. Even kicked me a pile of work that was more in my service region then his in the months following the sale.

No I have to be honest here. I wouldn't take money knowing it was stolen, especially from the community.

Moral reasons for one, legal reasons on top of that.

I have a 97 stake body dump, white, 4x4, no cab rust, F-350, auto, upgraded torque converter, 6.0 PSD tranny cooler, 3" downpipe, with no leaks, needs nothing, 98K miles I am thinking about letting go for cheap. Great tires, ball joints, tie rods, and brakes are good. New calipers up front, and complete rebuilds in the rear. 50K on glow plugs and wires, new vacuum pump, gear reduced starter for an 02, dual optima yellow top batteries, 6 ton electric dump, fenders washed from inside out after every snow storm, oil changed every 3500, only use motorcraft fluids and filters and changed at dealer recommended intervals. I know its not what you want but Im starting to think about letting it go for like 7k? It was plowed with for 1 season by the first owner. That's not bullshit either.
Do you have a plow for it? I'll run it by the wife.

No, no plow. I never pushed a flake of snow with it. Its not for sale yet. I was more or less throwing out there the idea that I might put it up for sale before summer is out. If and when I do decide to sell it I will offer it on the treehouse for a good deal. Might be 7 grand, might be less. Its not a trophy truck or a brag truck, but its a hard worker that I have absolutely cut no corners on and have spared no expense on maintaining. If I sell it, I will offer it on here before I offer it locally. The deck is steel, and the stakesides have 3/4" urethane sheets bolted to them.

Back