Boxer loader owners check your stuff

brendonv

Tree Hugger
During a current wash and wax on my new boxer with 75 hrs i discovered a crack in the frame. Because i took off the stickers i was more likely to notice this. Those with stickers check your frame!

This crack can be seen from the inside, where the loader arm pivot mount area is. Its also visible from the outside of the machine. Here are two pics.

Im pretty heated......in 75 hrs the hydro hose to the filter housing has leaked profusely. I had to tear apart the wire harness recently to find a dead end in a factory splice causing the hydro cooler fan to stop working. Now a crack in the frame. Cool right? What does 1000 hrs bring?

I owned Thomas since 2006. It stripped one keyway at 100 hrs and i put a pump on it at like 800 hrs. No other problems. Amazing

We'll see how good old morbark handles this.

Carl's on it pronto already got ahold of someone on a Sunday. Will be their first priority Monday morning.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 153
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 154
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    111 KB · Views: 155
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 153
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    104.6 KB · Views: 157
Wow, that's a pretty rugged weldment to crack like that. It's not like you are picking up five tons with it.

Damn! As much as I'm going to be sounding like a jerk, I'm glad I spent the money to rebuild my Thomas engine! I can beat that thing like a dead horse and it just keeps going! I've had to rebuild the front mount, but with 1600hrs, and the abuse it's had, I can't complain about that!
Man I'm sorry Brendon, I'd be pissed as well!

Except for waiting for the shipping to take place, the issue has been resolved for ~7 hours. I'll wait for Brendon to add details and his opinion(s) of the solution offered.

I'm sorry Carl, I meant no disrespect to you, or even Boxer for that matter! But I'm sure you can understand how disappointed someone could be with this result, in this short of a time period? I was just expressing that, and I hope all works out well in the end.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Hey guys.

So far im extremely satisfied with what has been offered. The issue has been handled quickly and professionally.

The initial problem was acknowledged by boxer within 10 minutes of me contacting Carl on a sunday. An offer has been made within 24hrs.

Update when i know more!

So how big of a problem has this been for Boxxer?
How many other machines have shown this defect?
What is the cause and corrective actions taken to assure the new frame will not have the same stresses/failures?
Or a failure in an area that can't be easily seen/detected?

Not trying to be a ass, but all questions I would want answers to in writing before I accepted a replacement or fix of their offering.

From the sounds of it they've never seen it. Though carl may answer that. I think the design has been around a while too~

Thanks Carl, top notch equip, and morbark for stepping up and not just sending this to the welder. A brand new machine arrived Friday. I was pleased with how fast they decided to do so and how fast it got here. It would of been sooner but I am responsible for holding it up a bit.

I guess they will investigate more of why it's happened when they get the old one back.

One of the good things about this was they didn't require sending back the old one first. This allowed me to keep rolling along. No mini equals no fun.

Thanks!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    362.4 KB · Views: 66
That is good service right there. So many companies just dog you around with issues. Sending a new one while you still have the old one, wow.

What impressed me was the offer to replace came on the same business day the issue was reported... they didn't mess around with getting it right!

Back