Project 97' F450 4x4 clean-up!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Ok, I ran out of green :sad4: so finished with white....it will get trashed first time I load wood in back, but getting rust out of corners and bottom makes me feel better ;)

Looking at getting cab and outside box painted soon....then my name goes on side

Excellent truck and those are fantastic chips especially for fruitless mulberry. I have worked on feed wagon boxes which handle stuff that is a little more caustic than the chips and if you use a good automotive paint with the hardener and all that stuff and of course have it down to clean metal underneath the paint will stay pretty well.

Excellent truck and those are fantastic chips especially for fruitless mulberry. I have worked on feed wagon boxes which handle stuff that is a little more caustic than the chips and if you use a good automotive paint with the hardener and all that stuff and of course have it down to clean metal underneath the paint will stay pretty well.

Hi Steve, yes, got most of the rust and used a roller and brush with rustolem Enamel, 2 coats, will see how good it holds up

Get in line fellas!:lol:

Here's the rig again. First load pine, this load Liquid Ambar. Beauty dump bed, mid action shot.

Thanks Brian, cool pic.......and the line grows :big-money:

That would be great, I wonder if someone in my area would buy these, I get tired of spending gas and time to dump for free :|:

Check for a local chapter of Master Gardeners. I sell mine for $10.00 per yard easy. Let alone just get free places to dump. They charge me $55.00 per ton for organics at our dump.

Check for a local chapter of Master Gardeners. I sell mine for $10.00 per yard easy. Let alone just get free places to dump. They charge me $55.00 per ton for organics at our dump.

Stephen :thumbup::thumbup:

Also forgot to mention... the guy that does award winning Irises up here will take all the organics we can give him... Check for growers near you...
The dude lives in a real out of the way place and it saves us trips and fuel if we can drop them right near where we are working. He is about 1/2 hour from our base, but close to a lot of work we do in what they call the basin area.
Worm farms are also a good source for dumping.
http://mariposairis.com/mariposairis/

Live oak chips with tons of mistletoe just slid out after sitting for 3 days in dump box....enamel paint seems to be holding up so far...

chips putting off a lot of steam

Thanks big Jim!
It would stick a little bit in the top left and right hand corners because of rust flakes, but not no mo ;)

How's the paint holding up now?

Whatever they painted mine with only lasted a few weeks, but it was just white paint I think. I've got to do it soon, never had a problem with the old truck as it was aluminium.

Nice job by the way if I didn't already say that.8)

Thanks Steve, paint is holding up great, done alot of chipping and put pine, oak and Euc in box, still looks new but I dont know how, enamel some hard stuff i guess

Back