F450 Ford owners

New is good for the write off if you can use it! Not to mention it comes spotless so you would save yourself a lot of time. Lol.

I agree! My cousin has a few in his fleet (one tons) and I was amazed at the power even with a major load.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I hear they are nasty. The engine bay is scary though.

I wont tune my trucks, just don't trust it. Intake and exhaust is all. It will tow, but its geared terrible, and I'm tired of shifting. The first auto i had was the bucket, and i love it.:)

I agree with auto. Currently it's standard. Next week it is Allison auto. I cannot wait.
Under the hood? I wouldn't dare on the 6.7 or the 6.0 myself.

Im still up for a 6.0 if the ideal one pops up. White, lower mile(50-75000), clean, no plow, power windows. But i doubt it. A bud is a 6.0 lover, so I'm not to to afraid, but its gotta be the right truck.

I wont tune my trucks, just don't trust it. Intake and exhaust is all. It will tow, but its geared terrible, and I'm tired of shifting. The first auto i had was the bucket, and i love it.:)

A mild tune on a 7.3 will not effect your longevity or dependability IMO. Down stateside you have endless options for custom or live tuning even. Your green truck would go the distance IMO with a little but more modding.

I just feel there is always going to be a weak point. Trans, clutch? I dont know, but i dont want to find out towing this.:lol: i am hill country, i bet if it was an auto id be more inclined to keep it.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    114.6 KB · Views: 43
Yah I'd be wanting heavier than a 1 ton. For me I sure like towing with my 550 now. It's much more confidence inspiring than my old ghetto 1 ton. Handshaker though, but I like a standard myself. Although for a non work truck I prefer a auto.

Over the years I have owned/driven several Ford trucks that were geared just awful. 300 six in a 3/4 with 16.5 tires with a 4.10 rear end. 65 was screaming. WTH were they thinkin? Ranger with a 2.3 and a 5 speed manual. You needed a tailwind to get into OD. Mazda tranny was junk to boot. Syncro trouble even with changing tranny fluid regular.

My trucks has 3.73 where it should have 4.10. Not many early 99s made it out with anything but the 3.73 though.

A horse farm were working at has one of these too pull their goosenecks with. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1375475904.913454.jpg

Maybe an idea to look into. It turned on a dime with the short wheel base. When we have money to get another rig we'll be considering one since were getting a big 22' gooseneck dump.

My 97' F450 is 90inch outside tire wall to outside tire wall, just for comparing

My suggestion is to get the F550, I've been exceedingly well pleased with the ones I've owned. 212k miles on my current 550... Thinking of putting a dump bed on it for increased versatility, it currently is set up as a tractor for pulling trailers.

Orrrrr, a nice 650! :beer:

A mere 95 grand...

Attachments

• f650_1.JPG
    f650_1.JPG
    108.3 KB · Views: 43
  • f650_2.JPG
    f650_2.JPG
    125.7 KB · Views: 44
Well fyi if anyone runs across a nice 99-2007 f350-550 please let me know. White, auto trans, and 4x4 are musts, other options are open to interp. Will pay good money for the right truck.

Diesel of course.

Back