EPIC ICE STORM !!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I'm already drinking....coffee that is , going out early briging lots of saws , climb / rig gear , the Tirfor and one other chopper .... the more of this work we git done before big snow the better ...

Have you thought about just getting a job at Wal-Mart? That's a long way to go to chase a storm.

I can't help but think that if we had gone the whole Al Gore, then John Kerry route you wouldn't be in his mess.

I'm thinking about going north AFTER christmas.

got my kids for a week, then back to work. anybody need help?

I'm thinking about going north AFTER christmas.

got my kids for a week, then back to work. anybody need help?

Just got off of the phone with two of the biggies. One says his work has plateaued, the other is willing to take on more subs at the beginning of next week. A friend of mine should be up here from FLA tonight with his bucket truck/forestry package, chipper.

The expected snow storm should put a delay on the operation, so no need to rush up here, there won't be much tree work going on this weekend.

Brian get yourself some good boots like sorels or something similar, you're gonna be slogging through some deep snow:cry::lol:

thanks, can you PM me some contact info, or pass my # on?
dave
757 784 4574 cell

ring me up Brian, I missed you in Orlando, now you're up my way.

As weird as this sounds.......

I'm jealous! I love a good ol' fashioned ice storm. It's been four or five years since we've had a good one here. Best of luck to ya'all and remember safety first! I didn't say follow all the rules just be safe and good luck!!

I got nothing yet. Greg gave me a number for a guy to call next week. I have nothing lined up as of right now.

I got nothing yet. Greg gave me a number for a guy to call next week. I have nothing lined up as of right now.

I'm a plowing fool for the next week according to forecasts so I'll let Erik think about lining up tree work.

We'll see mate!! They're forecasting 'it' for tomorrow/Sat/Sun here and I bugger off to the UK (for an all out assault on my liver) for a week on the 24th......but if TSHTF, you'll be the first to know. I'll even leave you my crew, just make sure you beat them hard and often as they'll be confused if you don't. And you'll need to master a 'Souf Lundan' accent, so they understand you.....:lol:

**c* me Rob how long you been gone?Everyone know's it "Sarf Lundan"

Good luck all. Have fun! I'll be thinking about you while I sip Barenyaeger by the fire. :P

Until Saturday that is. The forcast here is for 6"+ more of the white stuff and 50-90 mph winds. Pefect for snapping those trees off right at the ground.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I'm drinking ... ALE , still safe , still sore , Stihl continueing to do this work .... Big Snow Or High Water ... er I guess they are the same ....

Mike, I figure we'll dogpile the residential when all this storm shit passes.

I really like my Rocky Snowstalker extremes. I wear them with a wool blend sock, and I can go from indoors to outdoors, without getting wet or cold feet. I'd avoid them in really hot weather, however.:/:

The little ice storm we just had pales in comparision to what you guys are talking about. At least our storm is producing some winter work if the weather holds that is. I had a few pics but they weren't much after I looked at them.

It was a bad day here if you were the owner of a big unmaintained Siberian Elm. Many broken limbs came off these trees today.

It is weird to be by one of these trees and hear that creaking and popping sound and witness a limb falling down to the ground. Had this happen while out on a job today getting a limb off an electric line.

I can't imagine working in ice and snow and I don't want to.

You northern guys are a tough bunch.

Can't you be like the chipmunks and squirrels. Work hard during the summer and fall, save, save, save and then just stay in your heated house and drink hot coffee during the winter?

BTW, I know a few climbers who come to Hawaii and work during the winter. Nice to be single and free lance climber. One guy told me he has been to all fifty states working as a climber.

Can't you be like the chipmunks and squirrels. Work hard during the summer and fall, save, save, save and then just stay in your heated house and drink hot coffee during the winter?
:shifty:
Fuzzy slippers, green tea and -14C outside, I will be staying on this side of the sliding door for a couple days.

Back