EMERGENCY Tree Work 24hr.

24/7 here.
The State Forest calls us out if major roads are blocked.
Price is usually no object.

Clearing blowdown off roads at night the trees aren't the biggest hazard. The frigging drivers are!!!!

Cause of the emergency is part of the equation. A root disease pocket, or supersaturated soils, and wind can cause others to fail into the same area.

We had a job a few months ago where a large 20" diameter branch cracked and hung directly over a house with a wife and husband in it. I climbed up right when the sun was dropping and it was getting dark; secured the piece and then went home and dealt with it the next morning.

When I was at the City, I was on standby at least one week out of the month. Some of the jobs were actually exciting, but they made us still work the next day which was no good.

jp:D

I had a storm come through last month. Not a ripper, but a good one. Im aggressive with storm work and take every single call and run around and lock as many up as I physically can. As a result, I do more storm work per storm then the majority of my competitors each do. Not because Im great, but because I don't let storm calls go to voicemail. Anyways, I burned myself out on that storm. It was too much, too fast, and too many headaches. I can say Im still a little unenthused about tree work. I'll come back around, but storms have a way of frying me. For me its just run run run, go go go, phone calls galore, setting guys up here and racing off to there, etc.....

Back