Electric Chainsaw feedback

That is what I love about the 500i.

Start it and run it in the morning, the rest of the day it takes only one pull and no thinking about choke/no choke.

Great saw overall, but it is the simplicity of running it that has really won my heart.

I'm so used to pull the starter at each cut in the tree that I pull it even if the saw is still running for some reason.:|:
So I would have a problem with the electric saw.

They just need better chains!!... I'm super excited about the electric Husq t540, but the problem is that all of those spoiled, Euro-commies like Stig, get to gloat over their superior technology for eons before we Neanderthaler Americans ever get our knuckle-dragging mitts on it. :lol:;)

Dude. Seriously. Like where is the 500i? We idiots have never even run one, and the stinkin commies are over there thinking of trading theirs in for electrics.

Go Donald!! Make America Great Again!!! Get us some proper saws over here in a hurry, Mr. Trump... PLEASE!!!

Kevin: Love the manual saw sentiment. :thumbup:8)

They just need better chains!!... I'm super excited about the electric Husq t540, but the problem is that all of those spoiled, Euro-commies like Stig, get to gloat over their superior technology for eons before we Neanderthaler Americans ever get our knuckle-dragging mitts on it. :lol:;)

Dude. Seriously. Like where is the 500i? We idiots have never even run one, and the stinkin commies are over there thinking of trading theirs in for electrics.

Go Donald!! Make America Great Again!!! Get us some proper saws over here in a hurry, Mr. Trump... PLEASE!!!

Kevin: Love the manual saw sentiment. :thumbup:8)
I've run one. You just have to know a guy who knows a guy who smuggles them into the country. I don't think it warm/hot restarted well when I went to use it, at least not without using the primer bulb.

I was eyeballing the little single battery 18V Makita at Home Depot the other day, it’s pretty adorable.

Peeps mod gas saws, why not electric too?

Get it Hot-woods Shorted with 40% decrease in electron consumption :lol:

Sorry I had to, don't take it the wrong way Frankie

Sure man, my bud told me that there are dudes who can mod Teslas to darn near rip the tires off em... we just need to put up a few hundred bucks to get them boys into some kind of a contest, ya know?... Tom Sawyer them boys.8)

That just needs a rat and a piece of string to swing it with, not money.

Ever driven a Tesla, Jed.
That thing can pretty much rip the tires off, when you put it in insane mod, no modding necessary.

Problem is, it drains the battery fast.
A super felling saw that goes dead after one tree would be worthless.
To me at least.

Not for me, either. I'm with my brother Stig on this.

But I don't doubt the day will come when the battery technology makes it a viable, even clearly the only logical choice, in places where there is a developed electrical system that makes it cheaper than dino-fuel.

Not so many years ago I doubted that there would ever be a full on total electric car, or SUV, or pickup truck that I might possibly buy. Foremost in that equation was the limited range, the long re-charging times, and the limited charging station locations here in the US. As nearly important a challenge is the issue of short battery life and the horrid problems of recycling those dead duds afterwards.

High up front cost, I can swallow...given these other issues find resolution through much improved tech.

Movement forward in the technology is happening on most of these issues...though the recycling problem seems to be getting little attention, sadly.

Even so, I think now that there will likely be a day when I'll drive an electric. Maybe even cut wood with an electric :).

Just this last week they developed a much cheaper battery rivaling li ions.... don't worry, it's coming. With nanotechnology advancing at exponential rates, it's only a matter of time before they develop supercapacitors that blow the current technology out of the water. Just think, my phone today, which is outdated, has more computing power and memory than my super nice desktop in college did. Honestly, it probably won't be long before they have robots to do all our jobs, and ai overtakes humans as the smartest thing on earth.

That last won't be much of a challenge :).

But the day a robot can manage to navigate a happy relationship with my beloved M...? Not happening :D. And that's my most important job, ever.

Actualy, AI is a simple category mistake. In reality, there is no such thing, nor will there ever be. Men program machines to do jobs and that's it. The Matrix, remember is a science FICTION movie. The very words "artificial," and "intelligence," are oxymoronic. Algorithms and abacuses are not thinkers, just tools men use to think their thoughts. Sorry if some consider this a "derail."

Last edited:
He says two batteries equivalent to one gas tank. 3 in full concrete. That's a lot of weight in the pocket for one day logging !

Movement forward in the technology is happening on most of these issues...though the recycling problem seems to be getting little attention, sadly.
The recycling problem comes from the very small market, yet. Wait a little to make it like a big deposit, that will generate enough potential money to attract the industry. You can bet that they will then find an acceptable solution at a factory scale.

Peeps mod gas saws, why not electric too?

Get it Hot-woods Shorted with 40% decrease in electron consumption :lol:

Sorry I had to, don't take it the wrong way Frankie
How bout a crosscut saw and a felling axe ? :) Greenest option out there for sure ... My experience with electric chainsaws left me wanting more, especially when trying to cut 10” hardwood ... Nah , I’ll stick with me hot-woods ported rippers , get 2-3x the work done over electric in 12”and under wood and get the enjoyment of running it ! In wood 12” or over I seriously doubt electric is going to supplant a 2-stroke let alone a modded one at least not for the foreseeable future - for guys that climb and time/speed is not of the essence perhaps it’s worth for them ? Modding up a li-ion battery saw is a no-no - imho ... parasitic reactions between the electrode and electrolyte is what eventually kills the battery ... “pimping” the battery is possible but high voltage and high heat accelerate these parasitic reactions and will kill the battery much quicker , not to mention the possibility of the battery going up in flames !

He says two batteries equivalent to one gas tank. 3 in full concrete. That's a lot of weight in the pocket for one day logging !
Yea gonna be impractical for logging, or trekking miles away from the truck, probably for the rest of our lifetime.
For the residential tree workers though there’s hope.

Maybe I should just get 2 or 3 more apprentices.
Then they could carry the batteries.

Back