Dump trailer

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I'm just a little leary of the whole idea, gonna give it a go next week and see how it works out.

Its a lawn maintenance truck with a dove tail bed. Perfect for hauling mini and gear on. I thought I had picture, I'll get one tomorrow.

Isuzu pulls dump just fine. I'm not loading it to the gills like I would if we pulled it behind the big trucks. But it will do.

Maybe some better mpg on those long dump runs.

Still for sell.

Somebody make me an offer.

I have always been worried about the autos in those npr trucks

I have an Isuzu NPR with easyshift auto, and I tow, big 17' trailer with compact tractor etc, another firm uses the NPR with auto, fills its with 12 yards of chip, and pulls a Bandit 12'' chipper, I don't think you should have any concerns about the transmision/gear box.

You should be ok if you don't tow over 3.5 tons

A dump trailer has the advantage you don't carry insurance on it,only tags .You have to have something however besides a puddle jumper truck to pull it with though .

I think for a smaller service co. it would be ideal .

A larger company,chip hauler and maybe a dump bed ton and a half truck wood hauler .Those cost- a- plenty with tags, insurance, fuel and upkeep .

...You should be ok if you don't tow over 3.5 tons

3.5t is 7849lbs.

Trailer: 4500lbs
Lawn Mower: 1500lbs
Mini: 1700lbs
Tractor: 10klbs
Stump Grinder 4.5klbs
Stump Grinder 2.5klbs

With the trailer weighing 4500lbs, you can't tow much and be under 3.5t. My lawn mower and mini skid would have you there, the mini and the small grinder would have you over.

I could sell my scope and stock off my rifle and buy the trailer, but then I still gotta drive to NC and I'm out my scope and stock.

Sigh

The complete rifle would cover it minus about $200.

The optics are designed for ULR, but they work fine for the range of the 308 (3-1200 yards), just a bit large dimensionally.

ETA: I'd have to have first dibs at buying it back ;)

Barrel and action are factory Remmy 5r in 308.
Stock is an AICS 2.0
Optics are US Optics SN3 5-25x58

The barreled action is $1040 minus $240 for the original stock (sold it).

The AICS is, IMO, an EXCELLENT system $1k, when their available. (Made in England, gets shipped over in batches, finding one for sale can be a pain). Harris 9-13" Swivel Bipod w/ pod lock $110ish

Optics are top of the line from www.usoptics.com. If you ordered the scope today, you should have it in hand by the end of August for $3450ish + shipping. Rings are Night Force, as is the base. I've bedded the base. $280 (I believe)

Scope details:
SN3 5-25x58mm
Left Side paralax
Right side Illumination
EREK Knob
M40 Windage
4" Sunshade w/ ARD.

So that's, $5600 give or take, retail.

Last time I went to get it zero'ed, 9 shots in 2 groups (4 and 5 shots respectively, from left to right).

Groups measure .43" and .31" (100 yards 4 shot/5 Shot). The scanner's rollers ate the paper dividing the the groups.

Carlfinalzero14shotgroupbottomle-1.jpg

Plinker? It's my comp gun/deer slayer!

350 yards, trotting after a doe 12 minutes after sunset!

DerrickMeandthedeer.jpg

Terms? Regardless I'd like the first chance to buy the barreled action back if you chose to sell it at a later date.

The gun could be parted out (stock/barreled action & base/optics/rings) and sold for at least $5k after the krylon was removed from the rest of the stock/scope which is something I've been planning on doing anyways.

I'd consider a straight trade, you tell me.

Oh, and I'd include the loaded rounds (Lapua, Lapua Scenar, Varget, CCI BR2) that have been fired in that gun. Aside from the first 160ish rounds, they've always been handloaded.

What brand rifle did the action start life as? Or was it all custom made. Picture of the gun now please?

Remington 5R. The action is a stainless Remington action, the barrel is Remingtion's 5R (polygonal rifling).

The "claim to fame" for me with the 5R is those two groups above were shot with 380ish rounds down the tube since the last time I cleaned it (cleaned it 3 times since I bought it in 06, 12-1300 rounds down range). The 5R's shape promotes better sealing, which results in more fps for an equal charge of powder and less fouling, which I find more important.

Oh, the AICS has detachable bottom metal, 5 round mag included.

The most current picture:
DSC04859.jpg

The pic from when I was stripping it's warpaint:
DSC00370.jpg

The scuff in the anodizing on the objective, which is the reason I'd only ask $3k for the scope for a quick sale.
DSC04754.jpg

DSC04755.jpg

Its a .308 winchester? Forgive me i'm not up on all the variations that 308 comes in now.

I'm down if you are. You let me know the what and where.

Yes, 308 Winchester.

Can you get me (pm if necessary) more pics of the trailer? Front/Back/Sides with the bed up and down?

I don't want any supprises for either of us.

Sending PM with contact info.

Back