Do You Watch TV?

I gotta say it but American TV sucks.. TV in England used to be good, I sometimes watch some documentaries via the net.

I hear you, but compare comedy shows, The Big Bang Theory, Seinfeld, Everybody Loves Raymond, against the latest UK comedy. Then drama, Sopranos, Breaking Bad etc, nothing even close been made over here in years.
(Don't forget The Simpsons, South Park, Futurama)

I've watched that Full throttle a few times, seems almost like it's produced sometimes, Butch! Big bang theory and How I met your mother are some of my newest addictions, but my favorite is still the BBC's Top gear! Those three can screw up a wet dream and have fun doing it!

Yes! Family Guy
Absolutely, brilliant innovative comedy. You wouldn't have seen it but there is a much hyped show with a comedienne called Miranda, she is the darling of the BBC schedulers, and about as funny as....well let's just say she's not funny.
There is some stuff I don't like too much, How I Met Your Mother 'frinstance, a cross between the Wonder Years and Friends, crap IMO.
I still watch Frasier when I can.

Hi Andy, seems strange to think about Top Gear being so popular in the states, makes a lot of money for the BBC by all accounts. I'm quite fond of James May, quiet, understated bloke. I don't watch it anymore but follow Clarkson And James May on Twitter.
Mick

Hi, Mick. Clarkson was named perfectly, the "Orangutan" on that show, you need to catch up on some of them, the one where they bought cars in Florida and drove to New Orleans was a prime example of how different our cultures are! They were given a challenge to put something on the others car that would get them killed, in jest I'm sure, but they about all got killed!
Not sure if you've seen James May's "Man toys" or not, but it's a great catch, he super sizes all the cool toys of old! He's a very sharp fellow with a self deprecating type of humor that I can personally relate to.

I quite like the best ads, I think probably you get more in the US than in the UK, (in France with British Telly)
Tonight me and the wife will eat a curry on our laps whilst watching Strictly Come Dancing, you know it as Dancing With the Stars I believe. Bottle of Bordeaux next to me, what could be better?

A good book and a bottle of Bourgogne, perhaps:)

Books books books and more books. And Bit Torrents. And facebook and Reddit.

Who needs TV?

(I will often torrent the latest episodes of my favourite shows - Big Bang Theory, Breaking Bad, Justified etc)

TV as we know it is dying Butch. In time, people will simply purchase the shows they want to watch straight from the Production house.

Back