Diy trailer tarp

emr

Cheesehead Treehouser
We recently bought a 6x10 dump trailer and I want to put a tarp system on it. It has the front and back brackets welded on for a professionally made tarp. I am trying to save some money and use the screen from my kids trampoline. I think the screen material will work nicely but I need to figure out how I can permanently mount it on my trailer so I can quickly and easily unroll it. Has anyone done this already and have any tips or suggestions?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

That's a good idea. I haven't tried myself but thought I would suggest attaching a piece of pvc pipe to the end. Have about six inches on each side sticking out and a person on each side can easily roll and un roll it. At last you could get some pvc clamps and lock into to place when loaded. Like a half a c clamp upside down at the back of your trailer if that makes sense. Of course probably about 4 d-ring tie downs on each side.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I found some plans online where they use 2 different sizes of pvc and nessle them inside of each other and the tarp wraps up in there as well.

Pvc pipe seems to be the way to go.....

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Back