Competition Climbers

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Finally home from the comp. The sequoia and the treemotion and treeflex were all allowed and all used (only one treeflex, TONS of treemotions and at least 5 sequoias) Two petzl saddles and a motion in the masters challenge.

Oh and it didn't matter for me cuz I got stuck judging the work climb:( too many techs.......

Anyways, 5 discretionary judge points for inztrees;)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Sorry no pics:( but I think Mrs.inztrees took a few:/:

Last years mens champ, Justin Donahue, won again and Marcy Gladdys took the womens. Great masters climbs by Jon Royce, Moris Duarte, and Melissa LeVangie as well.

now just don't drop anything.......empty those pockets:O

:lol: Yeah, you don't want the friggin rule book falling out of yer pocket in the MAster's Challenge, eh? :D

I think he's talking about things like car keys, change or your wallet. When I started climbing, nobody ever told me to leave that stuff in the truck. But after a couple years I found it uncomfortable, and never once did I ever need car keys or my wallet while in a tree. These days about half the climbers I see carry that stuff around in the tree with them.

ive seen some crews where i wouldnt leave my wallet unguarded. my saddle will shove my wallet out toot sweet so it always gets stowed before i climb

I was referring to an incident where a friend of mine forgot to take the rule book out of his back pocket before the Masters climb... his first actually. The book fell out of his pocket during the climb and he was DQ'd.

He was DQ'd because of the rule book... literally. :what:

When I climb I carry a phone and a locking folder in my pockets, nothing else.

OTG

Attachments

• DSC_0706.JPG
    DSC_0706.JPG
    879.3 KB · Views: 5
  • DSC_0549.JPG
    DSC_0549.JPG
    744.6 KB · Views: 4
  • DSC_0563.JPG
    DSC_0563.JPG
    738.8 KB · Views: 5
Back