clutch spring

SkwerI

Treehouser
Need help finding replacement clutch springs for my 395XP sooner than 7-10 days. Bailey's doesn't stock them and I need my 395 this week. I have big removals every day for the next week and my Stihl 660 is a lot slower than my Husky.

I don't eBay and prefer original equipment, not the cheap aftermarket replacements I found with Google. Anybody have any leads?

part number HVP 503 14 51 01

Amicks super store .That's where I get what few Husqvarna parts I need .Usually a few days,not a week . You can Google the phone number if you want .

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Amicks didn't even list a 395xp, no parts for it. I can try a local dealer but to be honest I don't even know any local dealers without looking them up. My last experience with the local guy was 5 years ago and they were no help on a recoil part.

Flushcut, thanks. I ordered the springs from partstree just now with 2 day shipping. I'll check my local guy this afternoon but not expecting much.

ereplacement parts and partstree are the 2 go to for quick husky parts. Both top notch. I use E 90% of the time.

Availability: 25+ in stock
Price: $6.48

At Amicks you about need to get hold of Tony the owner .--chainsawr---https://store.chainsawr.com/products/husqvarna-3120-394-chainsaw-clutch-spring-pn-503-14-51-01-new-bin-h-18 < for some reason it didn't take but they have them,after market new $2.95 a pop .

I had a bad experience with chainsawr several years ago, don't want anything to do with that thief. Bought one of his aftermarket replacement gas tanks for a Husqvarna 372 and the fit was terrible. The gas cap was a different size than original and the cap wouldn't thread on easily, you needed pliers to remove or replace it. I couldn't use a stock cap because the threads were different. I emailed him 5 times about that, all within 2 weeks of buying it and he never responded. Just like trying to get a response from a rock. frig chainsawr and his bullshit garbage aftermarket crap.

You got the names mixed up .Tony is at Amicks he owns the place and as far as I know only sells OEM parts .It's Scott at chainsawr .
Now don't get me wrong because I understand about getting a raw deal which is why I don't buy from Baileys any more .The stuff never fit .

Amicks didn't even list a 395xp, no parts for it. I can try a local dealer but to be honest I don't even know any local dealers without looking them up. My last experience with the local guy was 5 years ago and they were no help on a recoil part.

Flushcut, thanks. I ordered the springs from partstree just now with 2 day shipping. I'll check my local guy this afternoon but not expecting much.

Welcome!

This is why I am a dedicated Stihl user...not because I think Stihl hung the moon in manufacturing chainsaws, but rather because I have two outstanding Stihl dealers within my normal business travel.

I'd have a bad time if I needed Husky parts or service, hereabouts...or any other brand for that matter.

Well the reason I need the clutch spring so quickly is because I have 3 large removals next week (and another one tomorrow) and the 660 is just not fast enough for me. Both the 660 and my 395XP wear 32" bars with the same skip chain but the Husky is almost twice as fast in the big wood. I used the 660 today and it worked, but took me almost 5 minutes to make a stump cut.

Thankfully the springs shipped today already.

The Stihl 660 is certainly an underperformer, box stock. Not even close to the 066 in power...unless you open the muffler, or replace it with the dual port muffler. Then, it wakes up quite nicely.

I'm surprised you haven't done something to that 660 to bring it up to snuff, Brian. You most assuredly have the skills to do so.

But I still maintain that no matter how fine XYZ saw might be, if I don't have solid dealer representation in way of service and parts, local to me, then it's a steep hill for me to climb to spend my money on that saw.

Maybe I'm spoiled by having that sort of dealer of any brand in my town...if there was none, I'd see things from a different place, for sure.

I do work on my own saws and I have worked on the 660 muffler. It is an early 660 with the old style screw on gas caps, not flippy caps. I picked it up used as a low hour saw a few months ago. As discussed in the past, I went with Husky for my large saws because of the Stihl oilers. You can bump up the power output but you can't bump up the oiler output, and the saw can't cut any faster than the chain lubrication. The west coast full wrap handle saws have bigger oilers but us east coast guys are short changed by Stihl.

My 395 is ported and the oiler keeps up even at full bore in monster Live Oak. The Stihls you have to slow down or have somebody standing over you pouring oil on the bar while you cut. For that reason alone I'll buy Husky and work on my own saws.

All 066 660 were screw in caps. No flippys on that series till 661.

They used to be good until the business was sold .It was "bootleg" Stihl parts because by agreement a dealer is not supposed to ship them .At that they were over priced .I have a very good dealer locally now and I might add a few not so good .

Got my springs from partstree today, 2 days after ordering them. I paid for two day shipping and actually got it in two days, amazing! Sometimes on Amazon two day shipping is two days, other times it is 3-4 days. Anyway, got my 395 back together and ready for Monday. Going to save that website and will use them again.

I wish we had a good source like that up here!

Good show!

Back in the day when the Canadian dollar was stronger and the shipping was easy I used to get many electric motor parts from Holdens. Those were the days.

Is the 394 clutch the same? I'm glad you got the springs in time, I just opened this. I'd have sent you my extra clutch.

Back