Cleaning up the mess...

Ed L

Treehouser
A while back I posted some pics of the dead EAB Ash trees in one area of my woods. This winter the weather has been coperative for cleaning up the mess, part of it is pretty low and holds water making access difficult.
I've been working on getting the downed stuff cleaned up, before I start dropping the Ash that are still standing. With it getting warmer, I'm probably going to move to another area thats higher & drier.

All the brush was piled, then moved out into the field for burning, just as soon leave it in the woods but theres to much, you can't move.

Been splitting and burning the larger stuff, all the small stuff is cut 30" long and stacked by the edge of the woods.

I've also managed to remove all the stumps from the tipped over trees, the roots rot off and over they go.

The before pics loaded on the end....

Ed

Attachments

• t07.JPG
    t07.JPG
    262.4 KB · Views: 66
  • t06.JPG
    t06.JPG
    273.5 KB · Views: 68
  • 2013-03-06.JPG
    2013-03-06.JPG
    372.9 KB · Views: 67
  • firewood.JPG
    firewood.JPG
    293.3 KB · Views: 67
  • firewood2.JPG
    firewood2.JPG
    262.7 KB · Views: 67
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Theres still lots of trees to come down, its going to look like a county park for a while until it grows back up. At least I'll get to diversify what grows back.

Ed

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
The stumps have been piled up to rot away, I don't even mess with burning them, takes to long. By the time these Ash fall over theres not much left of the root system. I was suprised at how easy my old Bobcat 743 has been able to pop them out of the ground, only had 1 that required much effort.

The Ranger is one handy machine, there aren't many days that is sets unused.

Ed

Attachments

• stumps.JPG
    stumps.JPG
    263.2 KB · Views: 31
Back