Chipper Build Thread

No, they drink coffee, when I bring out my thermos and explain that I must drink tea like a good Englishman they nod their heads approvingly. They're happy they've got a genuine Anglais on the job!

Oops bit of a derail.

I was thinking about this today, I would have thought a combine harvester would have more horsepower than 80 to 100,
They seem like massive machines.

Definitely an older model. But very low hours. New versions of those engines with a turbo are 150hp

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
It is an older engine. Wet air filter, old style oil filter, no coolant header tank. No electronics either.

Nice build thread Pete. Nice cuttin Ed.

It does look a sweet setup. Rig and chipper. Compat enough to do most smaller jobs with ease but with enough muscle to power through on the large jobs.

I just wish some of the company owners I graft for had the same foresight.

Well done.

It's got a ghastly transit bed on it, which copes, but I'm not happy with it, I need a box built really, for the chip, bigger, better positioned ram, ect.

It's a strong truck though, pulls like a train, it just needs a sweet rear.

HGWT19.jpg

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
It's got a ghastly transit bed on it, which copes, but I'm not happy with it, I need a box built really, for the chip, bigger, better positioned ram, ect.

It's a strong truck though, pulls like a train, it just needs a sweet rear.

If you could live with the existing floor and tipping gear, ally plank is pretty straightforward to work with. I've done a couple of trucks in plank now, they look pretty smart and only need bolts and rivets.

I missed quite a bit of this thread somehow. I'd like to see a pic of how it dumps as well. Just an awesome setup.

Back