Cherry Removal

Page

TreeHouser
Maybe next time, two camera and a tripod.

<iframe src="https://docs.google.com/a/mordore.com/file/d/0B139wYmib14MY0t0SUFXN0Y0cE0/preview" width="640" height="385"></iframe>

Nice work. Hard hat, being brain dead in a wheelchair is out of style. Otherwise, clean job. Nice.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
what makes you think that's not a hard hat?:D I was brought up a different way. I know it's no excuse. I have it on half the time I'd say but trying to do better. I'm aware of the risks so no need to get into that

Nice and clean! But I will add get a brain bucket. I am not trying to be a ppe Nazi but I saw a guy get clocked with a helmet on and it split like an egg (not kidding) he is fine but if for that split second he did not have it on, well he would have been killed right before my eyes.

what makes you think that's not a hard hat?:D I was brought up a different way. I know it's no excuse. I have it on half the time I'd say but trying to do better. I'm aware of the risks so no need to get into that

I was brought up with no hardhats also. Ive been in tree trucks since birth. Literally. Its not a good crutch to lean on.

It occurs that you can't be totally aware of the risks until you get clobbered. Point Reyes Station about 27 years ago, a Euc limb and someone on the ground DOA. I remember it too well.

Nice and smooth, can I ask a question? How come you didn't just spike up it and bomb it out, I mean you're already up there anyway. Like I say, Just a question.

Nice and smooth, can I ask a question? How come you didn't just spike up it and bomb it out, I mean you're already up there anyway. Like I say, Just a question.
I coulda just felled it with no ropes for sure had all the stuff from my shed not been in the way. I also coulda roped out a couple pieces quick and easy. this was purely for the fun of it. something to video and learn from(ie, wear a helmet ) maybe take clips of it for my web site. I got a silver maple to take down which my buddy and I were thinking of throw ballin a line into and cinching the whole top with a running bowline, then felling it in between some other tree's just to see how tight a spot we can fit it into.

They have cowboy hat shaped hard hats, but I don't know about climbing helmets (structural chinstrap). Still good sun pro and some air gets us and under with the harness system, I'd imagine.

Everyone's on about the hard hat which I agree with but what about saw protection? Chaps/pants are mandatory here.

hard saved me big time this year... hard to believe how much force my head took, even with the hard hat on... broken fir branch speared me.. the mark on the helmet was dead center, right where the spinal cord attaches to the brain stem... might have killed or maimed me... Just saying... you can wear that thing for a lifetime and it only has to save your life once to make it all worthwhile.. I AM on 2 now...

Years ago I posted the first video of the Wraptor in use. I thought folks would be like WOW an easy way to get up trees, GREAT. But no, I didn't have a hard hat on....

:lol::lol:

I'd rather have head protection that leg pro, if I had to choose. Cutting skills can lessen your risk, while head shots are very feasibly with some rigging gone wrong, and the general Objective Danger of stuff overhead. My .o2.

anyone know where I can find one of tho'es chinese rice paddy style helmets?

what makes more sense about that?
The fact that you were playing around with techniques on your own time at your own place.
It didn't make sense to take so much care on a take down when the DZ didn't warrant it.
Not saying your place is a tip or anything!:lol:

I'd rather have head protection that leg pro, if I had to choose. Cutting skills can lessen your risk, while head shots are very feasibly with some rigging gone wrong, and the general Objective Danger of stuff overhead. My .o2.

I hear what you're saying Sean and agree to a point. I will point out it doesn't matter how good of a cutter or how much experience you have you can still get cut.

But the real beauty of it is you don't have to choose between hard hat or leg pro. Both are readily available.

Back