Changing roles.

The local lawnscrapers and small engine shops all go Red Max here, so I demoed the BR800 vs. the EBZ8550. The Red Max outperformed the Stihl, and was $150 cheaper to boot during sale time. Heck, I've used that thing to clean up ufter massive stump grinds, no rake involved..

Sometimes you need someone who only does a rake. This last year i had a boss bring in a push broom so i could kinda clean up our work area, so i made a huge production of asking for the owners manual and then looking up on my phone how to use this new fanangled "broom" tool..... (because I'm a welder so i don't use them) 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 had about 10 guys in stitches laughing so hard.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I was once told, and this is very true in my book. The last thing you've done on some ones property is the first thing they notice.

It doesn't matter how complicated the removal was, or how technical the trim was. The details done right makes it to where you won't have to advertise.

Yeah 800 is probably the most powerful backpack blower made. I’d like to try one sometime but I’d probably never spend that much. A rake and the BG86 do fine for me.

Interested in the Red max. My blower was stolen, and I was using my old Kombisystem blower, and was at the Stihl dealer, so grabbed it.

We have moss-grass combo lawns here, which can be blown away by too much power.

Rakes are for after blowing to pick up piles, amap.

I saw a $20 msrp difference.

I'm a little surprised echo isn't more popular than it is with tree guys. The 2511 has a good following, but you don't hear much about anything else. Maybe people just don't talk about them, but I've been happy with all my echo gear. I wouldn't feel too bad about starting a company with 100% echo gear. They may not be the absolute best in class, but they run pretty close with just about anything out there, at a nice discount.

I got a couple echo blowers, very dependable. I also run dolmar (makita) saws, and love them. But then again stihl is absolutely everywhere, and works pretty good too obviously.

I love my echo big back pack and couple of hand helds. And I have a small echo climbing saw, the longevity and durablilty of which is astounding. Several echo power pruners too. Never really had any problems at all with all my echo products.

Yea, Stihl's king around here. There's numerous stores I know the location of I could drive to and get a saw. I know of one Husky dealer I can buy a pro saw at. Echo has a fairly large presence, but I don't know how many are full service dealers. The two I've bought from were, but neither are saw shops or anything. I couldn't say where to get a Dolkita that isn't a box store, and I've never seen Jonsered or RedMax in the wild. I despise the name RedMax. Sounds like a Chinese junk brand to me. Big in the landscaping world from what I've heard, but the name's pretty meh.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I have turned to echo quite a bit since my first 355t. I used to be a sthil fan boy. Then they came out with the first gen 201t....what a dog that was. I went to the Husqvarna 540t. It started to have hiccups too. One of the guys I subcontracted for said "give this a try. You won't be disappointed." I thought it was a little clunky at first since the 540t is pretty refined in ergos. I was kind of blown away (see what I did there?) That it was just a little bit slower in the cut. Then I found out what the price was. It would be awesome of they updated the 355ts design. I wouldn't hesitate to pull the trigger on it. All their new stuff has sparked more interest in me.

Merry Christmas folks!

Great post. Totally agree re 540 pros ('ergos') and cons (it sucks).

Is the echo climbing saw you use still 'a little bit slower in the cut'?

Back