Chainsaw Scabbard

I want a scabbard for the side of my Boxer. I don't think that one will work though. It is nice to have a chainsaw at hand when you need it.

I have one from '92, upper part which hooks on bucket rim is fiberglass, lower fiberglass part got eaten by saw chain long ago, is now wood and composite material, needs to be refreshed every 2-4 years. I wonder if these would last that long but with less maintenance?

Those look nice, Nick.

I bought another one from Luke when I get the truck as those were not available. I don't recon it will last more than next year considering the condition it's in already, bummer. Keep those in mind.

I like it. All alum too. I think I will hit the shop one of these rain days ahead.

Our 'work' bucket scabbard works inside and outside, alike. I hate it on the inside. Too much lifting over, and having it in the way for me. With the 12" bar on the 200t, matched with my height, I can slip the bar in single-handedly when I have to cut, then man-handle a limb to throw it into the DZ.

Do other people like the inside mount, besides Butch?

Bud, they are super spendy. Way better to fabricate one yourself, I'd imagine.

If I was the owner of a treeco, I'd better not see anyone using an outside one. I don't like the saw could be somehow hit the ground. I'm always weaseling my way through branches.

It's more awkward on the inside, but it makes me feel better.

I see. Why don't you? Ever lost a saw, or wished you could have dropped the saw to double hand a piece?

I toss my saw into the air virtually ALL the time in order to catch the big lanyard ring and hang it single-handedly for such times as I cut a piece that can't free fall, which I can hold/ pin against the tree, but need two hands to throw.

I've not used them on occasion, when taking up two saws, for example. I feel kind of naked without the attachment.

Always use a lanyard and only used an inside mount on the bucket. Sometimes I will hang another saw outside the bucket if I need to make a couple cuts with it...but it sucks and bounces the saw around too much, so I don't do it too often, however having two saws inside a bucket especially if ones a 441 and the other is a 200 is a bit much to deal with.

Back