Bulldog Bone

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thanks David, and thanks to Gavin and yourself for experimenting with that tending point for SRT. It seems to be working out well. If you see post 57 of this thread, I found that the Bone tends well at this same spot on a doubled rope also, when using a prussic to tend the Bone. With the brass D-ring pictured on the top arm, you could tie a prussic that has a dog snap onto the standing part of the line that runs to the bridge, and clip directly into the D-ring with the dog snap to tend the Bone. Of course you may not want to bother to make it self tend, and just take up slack manually.

Dave is the MAN!!!

I concur! I am glad that he has so graciously taken me under his wing! He has been telling me about this device, and now after reading through this thread, I really look forward to trying it out...Awesome!

Gordon thank you so much, that was a very fast response! :thumbup::D

I will go low and slow until I'm comfortable with it.
And definitely keep you and everyone else updated. :thumbup:;)

IMG_2155 - Copy.jpg

Hope it works well for you Randy and thanks for your order.

I am currently out of stock with the Bones, but a new Bone batch is in the works!

Hope it works well for you Randy and thanks for your order.

I am currently out of stock with the Bones, but a new Bone batch is in the works!

Very impressed with how quickly it arrived, THANK YOU. :thumbup::D
Also very impressed with the construction. I don't believe there's any chance of me breaking this beefy piece of gear. ;)

I hope to get it on the rope and get a climb in before I head off to work, cautiously, low and slow.
Either way I will post updates. :thumbup::)

Thanks again Gordon, very much appreciate what you're doing. :)

Oh, and that little Bulldog sticker on the side, BRILLIANT!!! :thumbup::D

I'm gonna see if I can get that engraved into the side plate, lightly of course so it doesn't affect the integrity of the device. ;)

Took it out for a quick climb today..... :thumbup::D
Very happy with how it performed. After a bit of "getting accustomed to it" low and slow,
I found that I very quickly became confident with how it "worked" and how to control it.
Extremely easy to get on and off the rope. It surprised me how quickly it comes natural using
this device, especially with this being the first time I've ever even had my hands on one. ;)
It tends easier than any "hitch" device I've ever used, could not be happier, awesome device.
The Bulldog Bone.....Thank you again Gordon, you really do have a great little piece of gear there.
More than worth the price. :thumbup::)

I also took some video today, I'll try to get it edited and post it up. :D

GOPR1815 - Copy.jpg

Great! Glad to hear it. How do you find the Brass D-ring for tending the Bone on ascent? Or do you use the hole at mid spine? Are you running the Bone with the bollard that came with it installed stock?

I like the fact that you keep improving on this fine tool, Gordon. Because I like to use Vortex I have made some alterations to mine to improve its responsiveness while using this fatter rope.

Attachments

• 2014-12-21 15.44.27_resized.jpg
    2014-12-21 15.44.27_resized.jpg
    84.2 KB · Views: 103
  • 2015-01-03 14.08.37_resized.jpg
    2015-01-03 14.08.37_resized.jpg
    149.4 KB · Views: 104
Great! Glad to hear it. How do you find the Brass D-ring for tending the Bone on ascent? Or do you use the hole at mid spine? Are you running the Bone with the bollard that came with it installed stock?

I tried the D ring first, but with the rope walker system I have it wasn't as efficient as I would like. I hook the bungee from my knee ascender to a "chest harness" to tend with, the bungee was pulling the 'Bone out of alignment. I corrected it by using a second 'biner from my chest harness to the D ring and it worked much better. Very little effort to tend it while "walking" up the rope. :thumbup::)
I did try the hole at mid spine. It did work pretty good, but I could feel "a good bit" of tension while "walking" up the rope.
I also tried tending from the "bottom", that didn't work at all, at least now I know. :|:
I used it with the bollard that it came with, I believe it's the middle size.....?
I tried it with Yale Kernmaster Safari and it worked great. Almost no "creeping" at all, easy to release, smooth and controllable on descent, stopped and held position with confidence. :thumbup::D
I'll get some video up as soon as I can.....

I'm looking forward to using it to do some actual tree work. :thumbup:;)

GOPR1811 - Copy.jpg

Looks like something that could go directly on the bridge, rather than a rigging plate and biner.

Can't say if there would ever be an advantage to that, other than compactness. For re-crotching, seems maybe easier to pass the rope without the device over a branch than to unclip the bdb from your harness and risk it jamming in a crotch.

That ain't a bad idea. :thumbup:;)
Would have to make sure the "attachment point" was rope friendly.....smooth and rounded. :thumbup::)

Past my bed time, but I did get the video uploaded..... ;)

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/bn1jI9YlrXg?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Back