Broke out Locust

• Thread starter RIVERRAT
  • Start date
  • Replies 12
  • Views 2K
R

RIVERRAT

I love jobs such as this one. Much more so than trimming. After 5-10 yrs. use some of my 1/2" lines where begining to show thier age:)

Figured I would use some of the money from this job for the purchase.
Aint they purdy!!

Attachments

• IMG_2601.JPG
    IMG_2601.JPG
    847.6 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_2581 (Medium).JPG
    IMG_2581 (Medium).JPG
    158.9 KB · Views: 10
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
These folks had recieved several other bids 2 of which where 3 grand & above. Thought that was a bit ridiculous.

Attachments

• IMG_2580 (Medium).jpg
    IMG_2580 (Medium).jpg
    148 KB · Views: 13
So what did you do, cut all the brush off then lift that last piece of trunk?

I was able to do the job by myself did not have to haul any of it away.
It was hotter than hell!! I took several long water breaks & was still in & out in under 5 1/2 hours.
The O'l fella gave me a $150 tip & another days work :) That I will do some time in the winter.

Jeff, I think you hold the TreeHouse record for The Most Deleted Posts.

I am just practising for the day you make me a MODERATOR:lol:
Its the pain killers man!!

looks sorta like a honey locust to me
Yup

So what did you do, cut all the brush off then lift that last piece of trunk?
The tips where laying in a elm that the Locust had busted up when it landed in it. I cleared the tips out of the elm. Then cut the 10" elm limb that was holding the mess.

That let the Locust limb lay in the 1/2" tip line. Then it was back up the Locust to cut the butt free. I also had 2 lines set about center on the limb. Snugged up with fiddle blocks to keep the whole mess pulled off the house & back deck.

I just worked back & forth letting the tip down a bit then the butt end. Also on occasion going back to retention my side lines.

Attachments

• IMG_2582_1 (Medium).jpg
    IMG_2582_1 (Medium).jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 12
Good ol' included bark in a Locust. Good times.;) Job security for us tree guys.

It looks a lot bigger in that last pic than it did in the first couple. Good job!

It looks a lot bigger in that last pic than it did in the first couple. Good job!
I love taking pics. One of the hardest things to do, for me any ways, is the ablity to capture perspective & convey the size of the subject.
& thank you for the compliment.

Man I wish I could do a job or two with somebody like yourself Riverrat. It's hard to find folks to work with around here that are good at complex rigging jobs like this one. It's the best way to learn though. Reading about it in books doesn't quite cut the mustard for me.

Sean, this was not really that complex...really

Back