Black Helmet thoughts?

canadianclimber

TreeHouser
Received a black Petzl helmet a little while back for free. Brand new. Can't decide if I should sell it or use it. You guys think its bad for safety reason and visibility or not an issue. Any feedback would be great especially some first hand users.

Thanks.

attachment.php

Haha, spaceballs was awesome!

I like the black petzl. Loved mine right up until somebody drove a tractor over it. Had to buy another in a hurry and could only get the white one.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Maybe I'll come up with a challenge for my groundies and give it to the winner. Not worried about the heat issue more the safety. To the dark side I go.

black helmet on climber okay. On groundie, no way. When I was trying to see the groundie with an orange helmet and yellow shirt, I could, just barely, through the canopy.

No worries IMO. And the heat thing is a non issue as well. I've had a black kask for 2 years now, worn it in 90 and 100 degree days, never noticed it being any hotter than a hi viz kask I used to own. And like they mentioned, just wear a hi viz shirt. Groundy or climber, black helmets are all good IMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Set a white one and a black one side by side in the sun for a few minutes and feel the difference. I'm with Sean on the seasons, probably be great for cold days.

I knew a guy in CO that wore all black in the wilderness in the winter. Passive solar heating. A bit of a gimmick. A bit.

Never bad to have two helmets.

I wear a yellow helmet for the volunteers, and a black helmet when I work for the state. Sometimes the color of the helmet means something, sometimes not.
I only wear Bullard helmets and they make a Lime yellow (hi-vis) helmet that I would think would be ideal for a ground person.

Back