Best container for bar oil

I also use Skwerl's slit in the foil method for pouring oil, mix etc, works great and its about the cheapest way. Only tool I need is a key, which I carry a large group of already.

i use a aluminum water bottle that way i can keep the oil closer to the chainsaw

don't follow that...

who the hell has time to transfer bar oil? the slit method sounds goods though, I tell new guys "less is more" when it comes to re-filling bar oil

The 2 reasons i put it in the bottle is at the bottom of my milk crate is old chains and they tend to cut holes in the soft plastic jugs. and second when its 110 outside the oil turns into like pouring water out and not like syurp out of the jugs

I poke a hole at the bottom of the foil with my scrench. The hole allows you to "control" the flow of oil. To pour faster, squeeze the bottom/sides of the jug. I don't remember the last time I spilled bar oil.

I buy my mixing oil by the gallon, so on it, I pole a tiny hole in the foil with a nail. The little hole allows me to fill my 4-oz. bottles that I keep in the truck without spillage.

I use same can Stig posted but the Jonsered version. Same thing, but red and black fillers.
I have same filler for 5 liter cans of fuel when running clearing saw (no need to drag the oil around).

Sorta like Treesmith, I poke a small pour hole, then put a tiny air hole, sorta like back in the day with Hi-C cans, etc where you would use the old school openers. I do this with anti-freeze, too. You know that the remaining 1/2 gallon of straight AF is not mixed because there isn't an easy way to add the water. If the anti-freeze jug has no foil on the top, then it should be mixed. Just check the color/ viscosity to be sure. Beware untrained employees.

I don't want an air hole, because I lightly squeeze the jug to make the oil flow, then when you relax the jug, the flow cuts off. Really helps when it's colder, as you can squeeze harder to increase the flow. With an air hole, you have to rely on tipping the jug back before it overflows. Just my .02.....

I'm not worried about tidy.....but a certain fellow Treehouser has accused me of being a tightwad. :lol: I buy 4 cases at a time of bar oil to get a better price.

one of these
Husqvarna_Combidunk_280x247.w800.h700.jpg

For real, I've got one, been using it since 2001, it's on its third spout, the first two had no o ring, and students kept tipping it, not trusting the auto stop, catching it on the saw, instead of going straight up and down. It looks like your jug has a button to clip the cap onto, that's a nice improvement, keeps it out of the dirt.
Combi spanner fits snugly in between the oil and gas containers too.
Nothing else comes close in the no spill game (except the euro stihl one maybe)

I can't recall ever seeing it in quart size although they must make it . Fact I've got some cut rate stuff Tom gave me that came in a 2 gallon jug .Those I don't try to pour out of .

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I didn't wanna commit to a gallon and find out I don't like the stuff. We'll find out soon enough, I guess.

Wow, I didn't think you could find bio oil let alone a quart size in Ft. Bragg!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
That's some good photoshopping, Jer!

Years ago I noticed the little diagram on the side saying to pour it the way I did it, so I had always just did it that way. Stihl must know what they're talking about, so why bother questioning them, right? :)

On the next one I'll try your way and see if it is better.

love
nick

Back