Best backpack blower

SouthSoundTree

Treehouser
Stihl BR 600?

Thought I heard about Redmax having a sweet bp blower.

BR 600 MAGNUM®-- local dealer within 10 miles
90 m/sec. (201 mph) With tube: 1210 m3/h (712 cfm)
Without tube: 1720 m3/h (1012 cfm) 9.8 kg (21.6 Ibs.) 1400 cc (47.3 oz
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Biggest Redmax local dealer within 10 miles

Engine specification
Cylinder displacement 75.6 cc
Power output 4.43 hp
Fuel tank volume 77.77 fl oz
Article data
Air flow in housing 1024.13 cfm
Air flow in pipe 907.59 cfm
Air speed 206.25 mph
Overall dimensions
Weight 24.47 lbs
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Biggest shindawa- dealer is 20-25 miles away

Tube-mounted throttle, low noise "hush mode," and a unique header sensor that keeps the blower from overheating due to clogging.
Large 79.7cc 2/4 Stroke Engine Technology
Fastest Backpack Air Speed at 213 MPH
Comfortable Back and Shoulder Pads
MSRP: $529.99 *
SPECIFICATIONS
DISPLACEMENT 79.7 cc
DRY WEIGHT 25.4 lbs
FUEL CAPACITY 67.6 fl. oz
DB(A) 75
Round Pipe
AIR VOLUME @ NOZZLE 722 CFM
MAX AIR SPEED @ NOZZLE 221 mph
AVG AIR SPEED @ NOZZLE 185 mph
Turbo Pipe
AIR VOLUME @ NOZZLE 650 CFM
MAX AIR SPEED @ NOZZLE 255 mph
AVG AIR SPEED @ NOZZLE 213 mph
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Husky- closest dealer. Provided that I don't need service, the dealer distance is insignificant.

206 mph at tube
907cfm at tube

Assuming prices are within 15% of each other, so insignificant to choice based on quality, performance, lifespan.

Love the BR600. I don't leave the shop without one if clean up is involved. The big Shindawa is the only one equal to a br600 that I've used.

But which of those will be alive after the others have blown themselves to death?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Ya, no quantitative lifespan measurement on these. Hoping for others' experiences.
Jay seemed to speak favorably of shindawa saws, IIRC.

Redmax, rebranded Husky? Same quality?

BR600

4340850982_2cf37074b3_o.jpg

LOL, Jack! Nice picture summary!

I've heard good things about redmax but I love my br600.

BR 600 here...starts on first pull

Oh, friends dont let friends buy Husky's :lol: Im kid'in

I have an echo backpack blower and the biggest shindaiwa's backpack blower. Love the shindaiwa.

I have a BR550, it's 5 or 6 years old, the only thing I've done to it is replaced the priming ball and fuel lines, I've put a lot of hours on it. I would highly recommend it or BR600

I got and echo 5somthing or other, I forget. sure kicks ass though, hardly pick up a rake when I use that thing

They don't make them any more but I have a Stihl Br 400 that will blow about 2 feet deep of snow and pile up leaves about like a hay rake .

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I'm currently using the Kombi System 130R (IIRC. The largest powerhead) with the Kombi Blower. I bet then any bigger backpack blower would be an improvement. I'm leaning BR600.

Sean, I have a KM130 with the kombi blower too. I don't think I've used the kombi blower in over a year.

I have the BR550, my understanding is the BR600 is the same motor turning higher RPM. I bought the 550 because I assumed it would have less problems not being worked quite as hard. A company I work for has a new Redmax 8500 if i have the number correct. It blows the socks of my 550. It is going to be my next blower. I would demo both if possible.

Looking at the specs, I would say it's that extra 200 cfm that is making my day. MPH is important, but the volume is what is keeping it moving.

That big redmax is the meanest blower I have ever used. Beats the br600. Its a complete animal and built very well. The one I know of has a few years of daily use on it now and had yet to need anything but gas.

Back