BB 1890 advice

darkstar

Rockclimber/ treeclimber
Im thinking of buying a BB 1890 intimadator.
Powered by a cummins 5.9 i think thats about 200 HP
This one has the single axle but with dual wheels and winch.
Can you guys mention any pros and cons to this series.
Its a 2001 model.
It would be a step up from our BB200+:|:

Personally, I think it's too big for most tree services. If you do lot clearing and lots of large, crane-size removals, maybe it would be good. I demoed one a few years ago and was not impressed. The weight is another issue. What will you pull it with?

Yup.. same issue we have with the 1700. Nice machine, but a little big for most residential stuff, and we have to tow it with a Mack R; you won't move it with a 1-ton!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
What you cant move it with a F 350?
OMG.
Its only 1000 pounds heavier than a 250 xp.
Or at least thats what i thought.
Dont they weight 8900 pounds?
I was gonna pull it with my chip truck.
Just a standerd F 650 with a 5.9.
It sure pulls a steer skid easy enough even loaded.
But for sure we are going to be looking into another truck someday.

Attachments

• truck chop 002.jpg
    truck chop 002.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 109
I was going for the 15 inch BB but Then i thought why not just go big since it dont weight that much more.
I found one with 700 hours for 22,000
The infeed table is still straight , wow

Dark, if you're referring to the 1700... you must be thinking of a different machine. The 1700 weighs over 30,000 pounds.

Jerry, the 250 weighs about 5400 lb....that's over 3000 lb less than an 1890.....

I'd look for a used 1590 if you could find one.

I expect business to be slow next year, otherwise, I'd be in the market for a newer 1590, as they're now rated as 17 inch chippers!

My 250 keeps on trucking, and I feel it's all we really need. I have a debris trucker for big stuff. I'd rather pay them to haul junk wood than to make chips out of it. Chipping wood is the opposite of brush, it bulks up, not down...so you're running off to dump way too often.

As we have firewood people galore, unless its junky wood, I don't like chipping stuff over 5-8 inches....means less dumping time...

Gosh everybody down here says buy it.
Ill look up total weight.
But come on a f-250 or F- 350 should tow it easy.
It cant weight more than say a bob cat T- 300.
Here i get rid of chip for free but wood is harder to get rid of.
Really i just need to spend a little or uncle sam is gonna get it all but that another thread here are some pics of it.
22,000 bucks

Attachments

• new chip.jpg
    new chip.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 103
  • new chipper.jpg
    new chipper.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 100
Its just good looking

Attachments

• bbbbbb.jpg
    bbbbbb.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 102
If you can tow it, and you can justify it with alot of big wood, get it.

I think it's at the upper limit for most residential stuff, but I'd rather have too much than not enough.

I used one in TX and think they are the cats azz If you can only getred of chips its the thing to have

9850 pounds on the single axle dully
Thats less than my steer skid.
Ok i would like to have a bit less weight but at the price where am i going to find it?
Oh well i sent in the cash as of now.:O:D:\::|::cry::D:D:D

That looks like a good deal to me. How many hours does it have? That's only 1000 more than I just paid for my Morbark 17. I'd say go as long as it won't break the bank.

Nice! I want one, it doesn't weight too much IMO considering what you can put through it. I demoed one, it was frickin awesome.

Roger, my 200+ weighs a touch more than that and it's a gas burner. I'd figure the 250 to be 6k+lbs.

As an aside, I found out today that a local place is selling "hardwood mulch" for $25 per yard if I pick it up. That's crazy money for what it is, imo.

Nice! I want one, it doesn't weight too much IMO considering what you can put through it. I demoed one, it was frickin awesome.

Roger, my 200+ weighs a touch more than that and it's a gas burner. I'd figure the 250 to be 6k+lbs.

As an aside, I found out today that a local place is selling "hardwood mulch" for $25 per yard if I pick it up. That's crazy money for what it is, imo.

Wait a min. I have a BB 200+ with a perkins diesel.
Carl are you saying it your weighs a touch more and its a 200+
Geese
I thought the 200+ was about 7800 pounds.
Well i already bought it now.
I hope the 650 can tow it no prob.
Or we have plans to cook up a older flatbed painted black with yellow letters and flames and powered with a 454 . Chrome pipes.
Then ill tow the chipper in style :O

Man you will be lovin life with that beast compared to a 200. They do weigh a bit more but shit I would rather the truck work hard than me:lol:

Man you will be lovin life with that beast compared to a 200. They do weigh a bit more but shit I would rather the truck work hard than me:lol:

I dunno about you, but I can always get a newer truck. Bodies... not so.

I think that's the same model a friend of mine has. He runs everything he can through it, including all the pine logs I want for sawing.:( Oh well, time is money. He pulls it with an AWD IH 4800 chip body. I don't think a 10k chipper is any problem behind a one ton, unless it doesn't have enough ass to pull the chipper with a load of chips on. I raced a new Ford supercrew up Blandford mountain on the MassPike (you Mass. guys know the hill) pulling a Morbark 2400 with my Dodge Cummins 3/4. I won.:evil: It's something like 12,000 pounds without the self-loader.

Nope...weighed mine when i first bought it....I think it was 5700 or so....not 5400......

and that's with live hydraulics and a winch.....feed table has 1/2 size back shelf....prolly 50 pounds less that the tall one.

Ill be pulling one soon.
Doubt id ever sell our 200+
She's likey always going to be the boss.
You can get the wood to the chipper or the chipper to the wood:|:

OMG i just got it.
pulls easy with my F 250 with the PSD.
Its freaking unreal .The top infeed wheel is bigger than the lower onne and runs slower .
I though there was a problem until i put a 15 inch log in it.
It ate the intire log in three seconds its unreal.
Ill never use the 200 again haha.
Pics coming soon
This is the best thing to ever happen to our tree service no doubt...

Back