Barter for tree work?

• Thread starter NeTree
  • Start date
  • Replies 51
  • Views 7K
Actually that's not entirely accurate. 4-6 hours of work + 30 min stump grinding.

She said how about we barter, I told her $900 for my side of it. Apparently she took it to mean $900+ the root canal and crown. I got her side of the deal a year or two ago, still waiting for her to give the go ahead on her work.

Yeah, she charges right around that including the RC.

We'll see if/when I do the work what she's thinking.

I've removed trees in exchange for the wood for woodwork, this very valuable one from a shrine.

Attachments

• Enju saizai1.JPG
    Enju saizai1.JPG
    430.7 KB · Views: 8
I bartered a week at the beach for a two hour tree take down........sweet

Ocean front too

HEY - i need some pines removes, room and board for the time -- great place here for bicycle or motorcycles - PLUS i am a good cook -

barter if ya can. never worked for me.

hmm - nothing to exchange for except a batch of home made cookies

I've done some barter for goods and services but I have declined to pursue some offers for an exchange of "services".:\::O

I wouldn't barter every job. But, I have bartered some stuff. For example, I bartered 2 home births with my wid-wife. It works well. ;)

Old Tom ended up with a pretty nice late 90's Cadillac for a couple of hour removal .

My best was trading an engine driven New Holland haybaler that I paid 65 bucks for in exchange for a souped up Harley chopper . The guy that owned it had named it the "widow maker "and for just cause I might add .

i have bartered for toyota solid axle trucks.i would also for guns,quality tools,a Honda RC51 or something else that might catch my fancy.it would have to be good because i have pretty much everything i want or need.

I too have bartered w/ the dentist. Hes a long time friend anyway. I dont know what my tab at his office is but I show up 1 or 2 times a year to work at his house. This past winter, I took out 4 decent sized silver maples. He thought he'd owe me money at the end. I figured it hourly and Im sure I was still behind. If he's happy, Im happy.

Couple weeks ago, I had a tile guy offer to barter some exchange work. we havent worked out the details yet, but will soon.

I also trade welding for firewood. not bad deal as i can get rid of the little chunks that come about.

I usually like to barter my work for their cash!

i barter only when its a service i can use or an item of value for my time, dds, chiropractor,massage therapist, etc, ive declined a few jobs because i dont need anyones junk
i ve done jobs for spaghetti dinner, and one for a deer stew with biscuits ,that was the best ever

Two years back I barterd some tree work with a cabinet maker.

I just had to T/D two tree and worked on two others on his property in exchange for his time. All I had to do was pay for the materials, $1700,(Cdn) out of pocket.

I got a custom built kitchen counter top w/ matching back-splash & Oak lower cabinets with him installing my new dish washer, sink & taps, and back-splash under all the cabinets. He also refaced the upper cabinets & added new solid oak doors to match the lowers!

Best part was I had another company do the work!!! The tree companies owner is an independant who owed me a days worth of this time in his bucket truck for some climbing I did for him earlier in the year. Turns out this guy isn't much of a climber (afraid of heights I guess) & calls me in to climb where his bucket can't reach!

Do I love the Barter System...Hell ya!!! 8)

HC

Back