BackBone Knotless Rigging Connector

400_35174-6.jpg

I'm confused (again). If you girth hitch the rope to one end, I see two pieces of rope leaving the girth. One is wrapped around the limb and a bight is run through the other end of the dogbone... what happened to the other piece of rope???

I don't tolerate groundmen that act like untying a bowline is rocket science. It's their job, they must learn it. I'm currently battling my groundman on learning to tie knots. He just doesn't get my teaching. I ordered him the tree climbers companion and when it arrives, ill give it to him and a hank of worn out half inch. He has been told that he will have 2 weeks from that day to master the running bowline and tautline hitch. If not, ill dock his pay. He has been at this line of work far too long and I don't believe he is taking me seriously on my demand to master the running bowline.

I ordered one of these to keep in the truck, Chris. It's handy to let them flip through. Several useful knots, plastic card material, so it'll last indefinitely.

As to the current discussion, I don't see a need for the Backbone, myself, aside from the one I was born with.....:D

It would be good to hear from the inventor?
Curious to the circumstance or thought process
that lead him to this.
We learned the Porty or the like can be used to transition or connect.
Same as rope grabs and rigging plates and the ProKnot.

This looks to be along those lines and built for some intensity.
I'm open to it. Seems like it solves the problem of severing ropes at the Knot
or at the rope grab. I have done my share of both.
So this could be one answer to the problem.

I can't believe I am arguing for this.

It's kind of funny. So many of the expert rigging pros I met in the woods couldn't even tie a knot. But they did know how to bell a choker and set a shackle. And that made them expert riggers.

I have to add though, they were savvy with extreme loads, tailhold stumps and what steel rigging could take. And with that they were pros. But still they could tie a knot in a piece of rope.

It's kind of funny. So many of the expert rigging pros I met in the woods couldn't even tie a knot. But they did know how to bell a choker and set a shackle. And that made them expert riggers.
Jerry that is what makes me think what the application for this Backbone rigging connector would be good for: girthed to the spliced eye of a Amsteel synthetic winch line.

The only negative issue I can see with it is after winching a log with it , it may jam up onto the rope when the chokermen goes to unchoke it.

And sherrill being sherrill they'll probably charge an extra 25 bucks to ship since it's under a hundred bucks.

Back