BackBone Knotless Rigging Connector

If a man can't tie an appropriate rigging knot, then they should not be in a tree, & If someone can't untie a knot, then they should not even be on site.

Tying your boots is as hard as it gets.......

I tie running bowlines as fast as most men would twist the lock on a screw lock biner. For that reason, I tie a knot and make the cut.

Sure, for a single rig point...agree completely and follow same method almost always. But multiple point rigging needs a piece of hardware usually, though adjustable spider slings have some attactive attributes.

Most of the pictured uses of that device are multi-point rigging, that's why I posited a proper biner instead.

Steel biner here, moved away from bowlines, just a lot faster for me and ground guys to untie. Even negative blocking wood I'll use the steel biner, half hitch or marl, and then locked off up above with the steel biner, just like a half hitch with a running bowline, expect the steel biner replaces the bowline

If a man can't tie an appropriate rigging knot, then they should not be in a tree, & If someone can't untie a knot, then they should not even be on site.

Tying your boots is as hard as it gets.......

I also agree with this...I never have been able to relate to the oft repeated woes of y'all that have to deal with incompetent ground help...I simply don't tolerate that, not how I roll. If there isn't decent help under me, I don't climb. "Your call, management". :)

With a steel biner, why not just wrap the rope 3 or 4 times around the limb & then clip back onto the line & dress. No crappy bend ratio as in a half hitch. If you are not happy with this, you can always tie a clove-hitch & finish with the biner instead of 2 x half hitches.

I don't tolerate groundmen that act like untying a bowline is rocket science. It's their job, they must learn it. I'm currently battling my groundman on learning to tie knots. He just doesn't get my teaching. I ordered him the tree climbers companion and when it arrives, ill give it to him and a hank of worn out half inch. He has been told that he will have 2 weeks from that day to master the running bowline and tautline hitch. If not, ill dock his pay. He has been at this line of work far too long and I don't believe he is taking me seriously on my demand to master the running bowline.

I was going to ask you about that feature, Thomas. I can understand what you say about being able to easily see the illuminated treepedo in the dark...but how do you throw at a target you cannot see?

And if we set that question aside for a moment, then the next one is, to what end? Climb in the dark??

I was going to ask you about that feature, Thomas. I can understand what you say about being able to easily see the illuminated treepedo in the dark...but how do you throw at a target you cannot see?

And if we set that question aside for a moment, then the next one is, to what end? Climb in the dark??

If you can't see the tree, forget about it. The RopeKnight "Lightning" will light up the area/tree parts it is near so it helps to pick your tip.
Most evenings, night skies or early mornings afford identifying acceptable TIPs or substantial limbs or even smaller tips and depends on the species, shade cover and lighting etc. New and improved! Now you can have it light up, the RK and the area around it.

I have climbed in the dark(ish) a dozen or so times and in the night. Head lamp and some ground lights and its fine. Hydro will work all night to restore power. A RopeKnight in shining armour that illuminates is an improvement to the classic weight.

Lightning marketing.jpg

People don't care, all they want is the limb or tree to get on the ground before it goes through the house or takes out the power for the city block.

Safety first and all that!
Burnham technology moves on and so does throw weights or rope access device/systems RopeArmor.:occasion5:

No help with that by checking out reviews on the RopeArmour website...lots of positive statements, no accreditation.

whtcne1.jpg

A few champion climbers, some world class rely on it for the dirtiest of trees. Ace in the hole as they say.
But the most appreciative is the dudes who need to get their ropes in the tree fast, smooth and easy
so they can get home to their loved ones before dark:30. We get calls monthly with guys saying
thank you. Guys who have actually put it to the test. I watched a climber lose a throw bag competition due to a jam.
Even the pros get hung up. Technology improves things. Lighten up men!

Burnham, I will send you a complete document with names and quotes and releases but first you have to
buy one retail and then aftering giving it a fair and thoughtful critique and you still don't like it I will give you
double your money back guarantee.

RA Guarantee vs throwbag.jpg

Likey smoke monster reference.

I didn't notice this picture before, and I hate to say it, but for groundies that can't untie a knot to save their life, this application has some merit...

400_35174-6.jpg

I disagree. If someone is too dense to untie a knot, you really think they figure that thing out? And you cant call them a groundie if they cant untie a simple knot!

Back