Back to the BIG ones.

I finished the Series 3 video set, Felling and Bucking the tree. Two part set, 6 discs, 10 hours play time. Two years work. Oh, I got deep into this one.

Most of the minutes in the video set come from the days I spent with the fallers last year on the south coast. The rest is clips from a bunch of old minutes I took years ago. The bad part of that is I edited out most of the screw-ups,, and you can't teach very well showing just how everything works out perfect every time.

So the new video minutes show a lot of common mistakes we make, things going wrong and some lengthy explanations of how and why they do. Most of the time through our own fault, but not always.

All of you who pitched in and helped me and Terri out during the tough times and donated funds for the Wraptor will get a free video set. Though listening to me flap my lips for 10 hours might be a little hard to do in one sitting. I wouldn't recommend it.

Though the only way I can be sure who all gets the videos is through you contacting me. PM your shipping address, please.

It will be few weeks til I get the packaged product in hand.

Now, back to another project. I'm not quite sure what it will be. There are several I have in mind, but I can only do one at a time. Dang it.

I finished the Series 3 video set, Felling and Bucking the tree. Two part set, 6 discs, 10 hours play time. Two years work. Oh, I got deep into this one.

Most of the minutes in the video set come from the days I spent with the fallers last year on the south coast. The rest is clips from a bunch of old minutes I took years ago. The bad part of that is I edited out most of the screw-ups,, and you can't teach very well showing just how everything works out perfect every time.

So the new video minutes show a lot of common mistakes we make, things going wrong and some lengthy explanations of how and why they do. Most of the time through our own fault, but not always.

All of you who pitched in and helped me and Terri out during the tough times and donated funds for the Wraptor will get a free video set. Though listening to me flap my lips for 10 hours might be a little hard to do in one sitting. I wouldn't recommend it.

Though the only way I can be sure who all gets the videos is through you contacting me. PM your shipping address, please.

Now, back to another project. I'm not quite sure what it will be. There are several I have in mind, but I can only do one at a time. Dang it.

Doooood that is awesome! I can't wait when is the release date?

Received my copy of Series 3, Jer. Thanks a ton, looking forward to it!

I received mine yesterday, and went home a little early from the shop to start viewing. It's obvious that a great amount of work went into it's making, and it will be quite an asset to those folks wanting to have the reference available to help gain a wide concept about tree cutting. Nice scenery and some great trees, and I'm not even through the first disc yet. Hot and heavy work depicted, a practical depiction, not romanticizing it.

A tremendous amount of information, repeated viewing will likely be required. I agree that leaving in the mistakes was a good call. Saws getting stuck for example, we've all been there, and I think that seeing those kinds of things along with the emphasized safety factors within the overall context of tree work in general, as opposed to merely being isolated incidents that may pop up from time to time, is a good perspective to have to help work wisely to think ahead to help prevent. Great work, Jerry, and thanks very much. :) That's my honest critique.

A good ways into the second disc of the series. Have to say that it is very comprehensive, really breaks tree falling down by taking you through the nuances of the situations, methods, and effects. A lifetime of someone's learning viewed from the comfort of your chair in front of your screen, how valuable is that! Just finished the part on forward leaners and ways to deal with them safely. Seeing the examples in larger trees does make what is going on quite clear. Shot after shot of trees going over. The only negative is that seeing so many of those big trees falling and bouncing around in such a condensed period of time, is making me a tad nervous. I'm not sure that Jerry intended that effect, but it does add even more emphasis on safety.

"Fingers in ears" lalalalalala I can't hear you I can't I can't lalalalalala!!!!!! So when is the release date?

Who has it for sale I have not seen it anywhere yet? I suppose it would make too sense to order it right from the man but I did not see it on his website.

Back