Axe men

That submerged log gang are a bunch of friggin' retards. I've seen safer boating practices on McHales Navy.

That kid is awfully spoiled for a kid who says he isn't. crying because he isn't used to not working on the big yader., Boo fricken hoo.:P

I dunno though on a bigger yarder with long roads you should be hooking hot and cold to keep things moving. Never did that on the smaller yarder, everything always seemed easier to me on the little skylead I worked with at the end. Mainly just all the lines being smaller I guess, you pull a lot of cable highleading even if you got a slackpuller carriage and smaller lines all around just seemed easier to me.

You are correct though definetly faster cycle times overall with the shorter roads of a smaller yarder.

we didnt have long pulls to much. a good hooker will minimize that as much as possible

What about setting up and changing roads? And I don't care how good a hooker/layout person you are, sooner or later you're doing some lousy long pulling while highleading. I remember the good days with creamy going and pumpkins but I also remember the long pulls at times.

never tried it paul?:lol:
our little yarders we could move and set up quick most of the time. rather have 1 or 2 extra roads in a unit than long pulls at the bottom. seemed more efficient. clear cuts rocked when you could "jump" the sky line to the next tail hold8)

maybe I read the first statement the wrong way.... :shifty: and no, I have never tried it, for either of the two situations. lol

never tried it paul?:lol:
our little yarders we could move and set up quick most of the time. rather have 1 or 2 extra roads in a unit than long pulls at the bottom. seemed more efficient. clear cuts rocked when you could "jump" the sky line to the next tail hold8)

Yah that's what I'm talking about, little yarders kick ass and are easy to rig out. Which is what I was originally trying to say about the show. The kid should be happy to work on the smaller yarder, I know I was.

And I agree on the moving, espescially with a small yarder moving is easy if you're gonna start wasting hours killing yourself for crap production. All we did was clearcuts and if we were uphilling(for the sake of keeping things simple:|:)moving was a snap. Most all of our blocks were always rigging spars though, not very often could we get away without it. Lots of intermediates too. I frigging hated hoisting the jack.

shoot, on clear cuts we only moved the yarder far enough to get back "in guy", 6-8 roads per setting, 3 guys in the brush, 12-15 loads a day 8)

Holy fork, that's five axle loads though right? Up here we were running all seven axles and now some guys are moving to eight. 4-5 loads a day was good production on the interior work I've done, you musta had better wood:D. Honestly I don't know/remember what the loads worked out to on the coast. Mostly all off-highway stuff though.

shoot, on clear cuts we only moved the yarder far enough to get back "in guy", 6-8 roads per setting, 3 guys in the brush, 12-15 loads a day 8)

Mostly our blocks were laid out that we had to move the yarder along the top as well we'd be real lucky to get 6 roads out of one yarder setting.

yup 5 axles. clear cuts were fast with lots of 2-3 foot wood. that wood makes for fast loads

Saw a piece in the Everett paper today that said S&S logging got served a warrant due to not having a permit for the underwater logging operation they were conducting. Several of there logs were taken as "evidence". Nice operation, a true "Gyppo" outfit.:)

Probab;y did them a favor; with naval skills like theirs, they were headed for a major accumdent.

Nozak could take over the ship if they put the old timer away. Heard he is lookin for work.:lol:

Back