August Hunicke Videos

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/TaiTExnihBE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Great work and a unique video. That's great to have 4 climbers although for me I think I would be worried about another climber that close, I don't think I've ever been in that position. Nice job and cool edit August. Synchronized tree cutting!

As in many aspects of tree work..."faint of heart need not apply".

And the opposite corollary..."you have to know when to hold 'em , and when to fold 'em". Some situations are just too risky to proceed with, and to last in this biz, you better develop a sense of which you are facing, every damn time you go to put a saw in wood, or climb a specific tree, or any of a hundred other day in and out exposures to hazard.

But it's a magnificent way to make ones living, is it not? :)
I love that Mr. B., splendidly put.

Nice edit Aug, that bounce is still amazing.

Well, you were there, so. But August, on camera it looks like it belongs in a 'how not to' vid. No matter how much dynamic movement there may be, that stumps only going one way, forward. 4 steps back on your part would've been more than enough. You look like a crazy guy trying to out run a falling log....youre not even looking where it is. I'm sure your undercut was clean....but for a less experience cutter to mimic than move, a slight Dutchman on a de-limbed log like that and he's toast. And then, on the very next clip you're laughing about it, or appear to be. Thousands of tree workers are going to watch that vid, new an old, cinsider that. I'd have never left that in a vid without explanation. I wouldn't have had it in the vid, period.

this part had my heart racing as well. that was a full on sprint

I hope not but if that's the case I hope I'll get better with age. I bring things to contribute. and spend a lot of time creating them. I spend a lot of my time in other smaller text groups plus family and community work.

As in many aspects of tree work..."faint of heart need not apply".

And the opposite corollary..."you have to know when to hold 'em , and when to fold 'em". Some situations are just too risky to proceed with, and to last in this biz, you better develop a sense of which you are facing, every damn time you go to put a saw in wood, or climb a specific tree, or any of a hundred other day in and out exposures to hazard.

But it's a magnificent way to make ones living, is it not? :)

Quite nicely put B:)

I like it. Some good "ramblings"..... :thumbup:;)

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/0n3odfuIkNI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Thanks Randy,
Ya Willie, I can't say I know them very well except Brandon Nance. Really good guy that works for them. Only one I know actually.
Before I learned about TreeStuff I got all my stuff from Wesspur or Bayleys. But I never really used anything complicated. Just rope.
Spurs. Blocks. New Tribe saddles. And they are local. Now I'm having fun with taking part in the evolution of the industry.

Like the video. You covered a lot in it. The mechanical advantage in the span, double block, whip tackle , whatever it's called rigging is awesome. It's real nice if you're short an extra ground man.

At 20 minutes long I had to chose the right time to watch it (Saturday morning after walking the dog, before the wife gets up)
But fair enough, you covered a lot of stuff. It was worth it.:)

Hey August, that sounds really good. Can't wait to see it in action. :thumbup::D

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/y8wRtpSV1oA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

He has to word things that way for liability reasons because it's a stihl dealership... I assume. He always talks like that after modifying a saw.

Back