August Hunicke Videos

Yup, the ability to do pushups is my main concern after injury...

<.<
>.>

I recently had a whole job that was one cockup after another over months, and they were a lot more expensive than that. I don't know what the problem was, but nothing went right. I felt particularly bad cause the guy that was running it was his first time running a big job by himself, and I created headaches instead of helping it go smoothly. That bothered me more than the money...

I have done quite a few, not to that scale of course, past the breakout it’s a mind game.

Hé was the man in the saddle, but downward pressure by lowering of the branches on such a sketchy tree seems more prudent than the sideways jolt the speed line was giving, just to gain a few yards.

From my armchair of course.

I hear ya but as he noted in the vid, the side force was making things a bit stronger rather than weaker

Perhaps, you’re putting a lot of trust in the guy on the skid not too put too much tension on, plus the weight of the piece at the halfway point...

Scary tree for sure. Not one I would have tackled...other guys can have it. Would have a strap or two at the breakout site have helped splint it all together?

To be sure, I've pushed the envelope from time to time myself...not saying August is wrong, not saying he's right. You have to be there and make the sometimes scary calls all by yourself sometimes.

That one was pretty ugly; I said I'd not have been happy about climbing above that tearout, but not saying I absolutely wouldn't have done as Aug did.

Second part, not seen it myself, will watch later, have to go shopping!

Edit, back from shopping, the neg rigging above the tear out is good, I thought that bombing would have been preferable till you get a close up of the area underneath, too much slope.

Last edited:
August...I see your back is causing some issues. I put this together for a friend of mine in 2018 that was recovering from HPV caused mouth/throat cancer. He had been very active and wanted to gradually get started back (he's good now....bikes, climbs, swims, yoga, combat shooting...active again).

This is from a method of yoga from Burma...a gentle and generalized stretching/aligning method...the staff becomes your spine...it gives the support for movement so that you can relax the muscles around the spine as you adjust:

Back