Auction show-off

• Thread starter sothere
  • Start date
  • Replies 12
  • Views 2K
S

sothere

I picked up a Stihl 310 and aHomelite SuperXL Automatic today as well as a nice bench grinder,extra new stone ,2 retractable trouble lights complete with working bulbs,a great set of log tongs for the splitter hoist,a box of hatchets and hammers and some Bleek China for the wife today.All for the meager sum of 245.00
The 310 practically new,the XL is in super shape both started in 3 pulls,175.00 for the Stihl,35.00 for the Homelite,both have 20" bars and the Homelite has a Windsor bar.It cuts like a monkey.

Picture029.jpg

Picture025.jpg

Picture026.jpg

Not bad, not bad. 8)

Are you in the Kissimmee/ St Cloud area? I used to know a couple people who lived there.

The Homey is an icon of a saw ,not the fastest but will run forever unless a person smokes it from doing dumb things like running 100 to 1 mix oil .Take care of it and likely your grandchildren could use it .

Yup. 8)
I didn't recognize the tag colors, but FL has about 150 different styles of license plates so you never know.

The Homey is an icon of a saw ,not the fastest but will run forever unless a person smokes it from doing dumb things like running 100 to 1 mix oil .Take care of it and likely your grandchildren could use it .

True story Al. 0ore firewood has been cut with an XL in interior Alaska than any other saw to date. They run forever.

Thats not a bad deal at all. I use only "Windsor" bars & chains with my saws and I'm very impressed with that brand!

BTW, its way to easy to locate a person and find out some info aobut them by letting folks on the WWW-internet view you licence plat.

You wouldn't want them pesky "SKWERLs" swipping your saws now do you?:P

HC

A little comment on the Homey .With age these things have a tendency to be seal leakers . Seals for this thing are not big deal to get because they are SAE standard .

I have a few Lombard Al-42 type saws, Comanga ,Lighting etc . These are nothing but a larger version of this Xl design ,in fact nearly clones of it .Of the three I have that run ,two have bad seals . Three more are parts saws that all died because of bad seals .

So ,just a heads up .If that thing shows tendecies to run out lean after it has warmed up good ,chances are it has a seal problem .

Well bought!!

Can I get some closer photos of the log hook please?

I want to give it to someone to make me a set, I use a different home made set up with cant hooks and chains, but that looks great.. Cheers, Derek..

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Well bought!!

Can I get some closer photos of the log hook please?

I want to give it to someone to make me a set, I use a different home made set up with cant hooks and chains, but that looks great.. Cheers, Derek..

I assume these are homemade as well,1" round stock

Picture034.jpg

Picture035.jpg

Picture037.jpg

Picture039.jpg

Also thank you Al for the seal info,I am concerned about them and won't use the saw any more until they are replaced and she gets a complete check up.
Best;ST

Back