201t / 210tc face off

The 660 does come up in the tree time to time, even the 3120xp. It's almost aways a pain, not because of the saw itself, but because of the seize and the weight of the logs/ blocks of wood to deal with aloft. Not enough training/technique here.

I have to look in my 201T. I found it sluggish now.
Muffler mod , timing advance , picco chain and a retune of carb will reap large gains for not much coin

Yep,yep and yep.................let us all swap our tophandle saws out for large felling saws when we climb.
It'll up our production ever so much.

Frankie, I believe the award for the stupidest post in the year of the plague 2020 goes to you.
You need a sharp chain ? 😂 ..... of course I was being facetious @stig ... I’m still trying to decipher your instructions for testing the sharpness of a chain ...

You need a little felling lever, means you can take 3/4 times the size off.
Magic Cutting means you can take as much as you want, with the lean, but, I agree over ringing down singles.

I've heard of/ seen video of "double block bucking" or something.
Before finishing one round, get positioned to start the next. Finish the first, start the second, leave the saw 'parked in the kerf, push off the first.
Rinse, repeat.

I've heard of/ seen video of "double block bucking" or something.
Before finishing one round, get positioned to start the next. Finish the first, start the second, leave the saw 'parked in the kerf, push off the first.
Rinse, repeat.

Yes that's what mick was saying. I do it that way, saves a ton of work

I mean, I guess.

afaik, we yanks don't call it 'ringing' so it may not have widespread appeal

I like that. I was trying to think of something short, descriptive, and memorable, but came up blank.

Back