Arbor trolley replacement wheel... Where?

SouthSoundTree-

TreeHouser
Where do I get a replacement. Somehow, it did a disappearing trick. It doesn't make sense. I made one stop on a dead end street with no traffic, then of to another job. The AT was disassembled to fit in the smalltrailer with the loader, off to do a job. A mystery.

Hardware stores often have them. That's where I got the wheels for my old home made jobbies back in the day

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thanks. Hadn't seen one before in a hardware store. I'll check.

I would call Treestuff. Heck/ those things are made in SoCal. Maybe the factory can ship them.

We had the wheels fall of several times. The pin that holds them in place come off a little "too" easy. We swapped the pin out for bolts and never looked back.

love
nick

Farm and Fleet, Tractor Supply, Northern Tool, Harbor Freight, TreeStuff, Wesspur, Gemplers, and that is about all I can think of right now.

I bought some solid wheels from grainger but they were the wrong size so I had my fabricator change the axles on the arbor trolley. Really quite a silly way to go about it but I have my arbor trolley back. I miss the inflatables though because it was soon much lighter.

Most capacity I've seen in my small looking has revealed 450 pound capacity tires/ wheels.

The cart is supposed to be 1000 pound capacity.

I was figuring that the OEM's were at least 500 pound capacity.

http://www.northerntool.com/shop/tools/product_200422238_200422238
On a quick look, these might be the same. My other wheel is outside. I would prefer a hi-viz color. The one has mysteriously disappeared while orange.

edit: oh, wait, 500 kg capacity for the whole cart, according to Treestuff.

$70 through Treestuff. I had hoped to find it locally. The blue tire/wheel is narrower, and needs a spacer to make up the gap on an older arbor trolley with orange wheels. https://www.treestuff.com/store/catalog.asp?item=14657

I need some extra washers. I think, somewhere, I got extra pins. I like quick release, myself. Thanks for the idea, Nick.

I was able to barely move 21' alder logs. Going for some high dollar peelers from some of the logs. I'll need a tractor in there for some, and to get them up a steep, new, not very compacted drive, unless the Boxer/ trolley combo really rocks it.

Arch in my future, except there was that surprise $2600 brake and tire job today on the chip truck!

New arbor trolley wheels are significantly narrower than the old ones. Treestuff says there is a spacer needed. Very true. Something like 3". It would be good for Stein to make a spacer spec available. I'll email, and ask.

The spacers. I didn't see it. I looked under related products, and searched. I would like to get one. Do I have to call in, or am I just missing it on the website?

P.S. the TS description shows 1000 pound capacity. The Stein info shows 500 kg capacity. 2.2 pounds per kilo. That's shorting the AT by 100 pounds of capacity, I believe.

no.I looked online at Home Depot and Lowe's to see what they carried. No dice.

Generally, online was even short on capacity. Stein list 1000kg working load, that means 1100 pounds, or 550 per wheel, if 1000 kgs is accurate. The best I could find was maybe 450 pound capacity. Since I'm looking to max load it, I figured I'd better get the OEM, than be short and wear it out prematurely.

Is it different than a piece of appropriate sized piece ofmetal pipe, and another washer?

The wheel fits, Nick. It's on there with a temporary PVC spacer, cut off of my AT PVC extensions that I use for brush. I'll get a measurement. I think it's just a little too narrow for dually wheels. I wonder if the wheels are the weak link.

Back