Anyone ever do this?

know a "contractor" that does all sorts of different jobs. Demolition, horizontal grinding, concrete etc. Recently he had three of his guys removing a Pine. The crew leader who I know, he's no kind of crew leader and shouldn't be on a tree crew. The climber was blocking down the trunk and he told the climber to come down because he thought the 3/4 of the way cut was going to hit the climber? I don't the circumstances, diagnal cut maybe? Well, the crew started his notch at the base while another pushed with a bobcat. The cut piece above fell on the crew leader's head and shoulders and back. He's alive but frigged up. Look I've done some work with these guy's and I not surprised for one second. I'm glad he's going to be ok. Nobody could ever tell this guy anything so maybe this will slow him down.

That sounds like the same story I heard the other day from my friend Greg Liu. He was in New Orleans doing post Katrina clean up and a kid came down out of a tree and they pushed the stub over with a Bobcat. Chunk came down and hit the kid.

Long story short.

Somebody wasn't paying attention to the details on that job.

There are a ton of post Katrina tree accidents. This one of course did happen in New Orleans so it's very possible it's the same one.
See Jerry, I do post once in awhile.

Hi MB.

I was checking out old threads now that I'm a member, and the pics don't show up in this one. Wonderin why.

It seems like a real interesting topic.

Hey Cory, we had a forum software crash last year that wiped out all of the saved pictures and most of the old threads. A lot of good stuff was lost. :(

Wow. Bummer! But thanks for the info.

MB if you ever feel like reposting the pics, I'm all ears (and eyes).

Back