Any Rope Wrench or Hitch Hiker users here?

Thanks Kevin B, you should have see it with my 4/1 schwabisch it was even smaller. I kinda robbed this idea from contryboypa off of youtube. That dude is confident. I also used a roll pin stuck through the phenolic to keep the RW from getting inverted. And your also right about what you said in a old post. The RW is really simple.... I was pretty confident the first time I went up and pruned my live oak in my front yard, even when I landyard in to do a redirect with it, on the tall pines in my yard I used it to go up and swapped over to ddrt. Its a awesome invention, so is that RR u have.... Wish I could afford that thing.

Last edited:
It's not the new one sawman
Raj I'm ordering the HH tending lanyard tomorrow since I'm ordering a couple of blocks for my boss anyhow. Unfortunately no low and slow until Sunday.
And I'll also be able to give the rope wrench a try soon also. A new guy at work is getting one and we're gonna be working together quite a bit.

Thanks Joe. I've been reading a lot of good reviews on that cord.
The boss is also sending both of us to a srt course at the end of the month. The guy I work with needs the credit hours and I should probably start acquiring them also.

Remember that between a box wrench, and the rw(1), there were wooden ruler wrenches. Basically free for any ddrt climber to try srt, if you have inclination and a few hand tools.

Yeah, I wish we could have found a way to have the runner to be cheaper. But unlike the wrench it is a complicated piece of gear with lots of parts and more liability.

I've always had it in my head if I were to get a RW I'd use an aluminum bar as a tether, I'm not too keen on having extra biners in the system, I'd try to keep things compact, that's why I like the HH.... buuuuuuut every time I see the RW I'm nearly a click away from ordering it.

The back lighting and busy background make this picture less clear than I had hoped. It is showing the HH2 clipped into my chest harness for a rope walker ascent. Use of a pulley in that location makes slack tending as smooth as any system I have ever used while maintaining all the compact and rugged attributes of the HH system.

Attachments

• 20150409_100225_resized_1(1).jpg
    20150409_100225_resized_1(1).jpg
    527.4 KB · Views: 112
I tries an aluminum bar as a tether. The flexible stiff tether allows for the whole setup as compact as your hitch when up on a spar or close to tie in. It a completely stiff tether it makes the wrench system a bit lengthy

Thanks Joe. I've been reading a lot of good reviews on that cord.
The boss is also sending both of us to a srt course at the end of the month. The guy I work with needs the credit hours and I should probably start acquiring them also.

I was hoping to get in on that but work doesn't seem as interested. I'd have to go out of pocket but I'm not even sure there's any slots left

Cougar blue and yale aztec. I've been using the epicord on the aztec tho for the last 2 weeks or so. Cougar is my long line but I haven't needed it lately. I also just got some cevian unicore from wesspur but haven't spent enough time on it to say if I like it or not. It is prob the most static line I've used with the hh and slack tending seems so much easier.

I think I've tried pretty much every cord out there trying to work out my frustrations with the hh. Epicord is the first to actually impress me this much as far as binding and slack tending on a stock setup without a pulley

I run the HH with the stock beeline on samson vortex, I do 5 wraps but I cross the hitch cord leg under the short leg, no pulley, tends nicely, I'm 180lbs walking around now after this long winter. I've had the rope over a year now. Now the 6 wraps seems to bind too much for my liking. I've heard a well worn HH with grooves in the wear points bind things up, some fine emery cloth should fix that.

Like that picture Dave, nice neat, compact setup. I can see getting the HH2 soon...:)

I dug the heck outta this vid, from the buzz

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/kn4LUKoDf6Y" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Little ditty about bee boppin in a black oak.. Hope this answers a couple questions from in the past.
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/qPAT_BCu7sA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Wow, that was real educational re SRT for this noob, thanks for sharing!!

Back