Another ugly stump

okay, so I am learning here, is it the left handed stump jumper or is it the salmon flipper? at first glance I thought it was the PNW spin drop....

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Paul, you must know that the PNW spin drop provides a right hand movement before going over backwards, and the dog salmon flip is an end over end. Come on, boy.
:D

Nonsense, I've done it with a sawzall. Or maybe that was the dogtooth diagonal spin drop...

I think you guys are missing the subtlety of cordless power tool written all over that stump.

I don't understand why so many people don't finish the cut. Why leave the evidence of your screw up like that?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Ye gods...that had to be scary.

Do you think someone like that doesn't even understand that's a screwup? Could that be why they left it?

Probably left it to show someone what this crazy tree did! Or he was packed away in an ambulance

Burnham,
its interesting you posted those pics

i met some local high schoolers that had done something similar to a group of "outsiders" who were using their wooded party area

bunch of city types

so figuring none of them had a saw or chain in their suv's

they left a good half dozen trees down accross the way out
those folks most likely had a long walk ahead of them, and the laughs the locals had

interesting cuts the pics show, no cutting theory thats for sure

I saw this today and chuckled a bit.

Take a close look. Not a typical barber chair (I say that having never actually seen one happen). If the tree was leaning toward the face, the saw would've pinched in a major way unless he was just burning in and it all happened at once.
From what I know, which is limited, a barberchair generally goes when you start the back cut and the weight from the lean cause it to split out before the hinge goes over. There's no back cut there.

Would somebody edify me on that.

Back