Animated GIF Thread 2019

I'd like to see these little criters in France. They facinate me since my youth, but never seen one for real.
See the half-second focus before the jump ? target acquired !

I have seen them up close, too. Trapped 11 in my attic one winter...catch and release to the nearby State Park. I saw one once in the evening after I had been doing treework for a friend. Jim and I were outside in the yard and his wife stepped out on the sideyard porch. She had a Marge Simpson hairdo, piled up hair high on her head. Jim and I watched a flying squirrel launch from that oak and land on top of her head...hilarious watching her tap dance and flail while that squirrel tried to re-launch...they like to run up high to take off again. It scrambling on her piled up hair was awesome.

I used to have a family of them land on my roof and invade my attic. The problem was they are nocturnal here, so I'd hear them around 3am, and could even see them sometimes scurrying over the skylight above our bedroom. Nasty little vermin around here.

I have a real old video of a screw drive tractor somewhere. Might be from when they were at beta stage. I'll have to see if I can find it. They're pretty cool machines.

Back