All RopeKnight - All The Time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Or the 3 hitchhikers of mine that have been stuck in customs for a week now, due to a screwup by our wonderful mailservice.

Let me repeat: Don't send it regular mail!!!

Yes, absolutely.

Monday I'll have to call the postal customs office and ask them how the heck I'm supposed to be able to run a busines, when they won't release my goods, even though I'm a licenced importer.

Same thing happened when Jay sent the ninja shoes. That is and was always the problem with government run enterprises like the postal service. No efficiency what so ever and no one willing to take responsibility.

In all the 30 years I've been buying stuff from overseas, I've only had one problem with private carrier srevices ( apart from the price, that is:lol:). DHL once got fancy and tried to charge me a "handling fee" for bringing stuff through customs, even though I had already paid for that from the seller ( REI). A call to REI took care of that.

Calling the national postoffice means being put on hold till you can step on your beard. In the case with the shoes from Japan I finally got angry enough that I went to their main office in Copenhagen and yelled at a clerk. That actually helped, so maybe I'll go ruin her day again, if the Hitchhikers don't show up next week.

Rant over, sorry.

I'm just really looking forward to getting into SRT climbing.

Did the mail ogre eat that as well as the Hitchhiker?---

I have heard nothing further from RopeArmour after emailing him my mailing info, which he acknowleged receipt of by reply email on Sept. 27. So, I have no further impressions that might modify my original scepticism.

Stig, he reported elsewhere that he insures and tracks his mailings. He has not contacted me to confirm receipt, either.

I have lost a few to date when sending to the western States.
It is in transit.
Should have got Luke @ TreeStuff to send it but
I wanted to make it special,
just like you Burnham.:)

I hate my mailbox. Its always got bills in it each afternoon. No one ever put anything cool in it like a pistol, or vouchers for free truck tires.

Somebody puts a bottle of good whisky in mine every x-mas.

Just my way of thanking the mailman for taking the trouble ( and breaking the rules) to drive down and leaving packages in my garage instead of taking everything that is too big to fit in the box back to the post office for me to go pick up.

That is a good idea about putting whiskey in the mailbox. We have fill in postmen from time to time though, you may see them once and never again. It could be hard to get the bottle back, big drinkers that everyone are.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back