airwaves

Breaker one niner, this is the skwerl diddly doo comin atcha from the sweaty and soggy state of retirement. Rubber ducky, you gotch your ears on?

Well, without destroying anything, you could buy a cheapie base station setup. Find what channel he is on, wait unil he is done talking then key up youres as long as you feel the need.
It wouldn't take anything illeagal, you are close enough to block out his ears. If he can't hear anyone it's not much fun!!
Not that I have done anything like that though:roll:

Bummer. Trouble in the neighborhood is never good. But ya gotta do what ya gotta do. I nearly kicked a neighbor kids ass once for buying drugs right outside my driveway, more than once. My point to him was if they can't come to your house they sure as hell can't come to mine.

Good luck with it all.

Brian I would try the rf chokes on your speaker wire. Or try different length speaker wire, preferably shielded. They could be acting as antennas if they are close to the 1/8 or 1/4 wavelength.
Who knows what his SWR's are. He probably has a mobile radio and a mobile linear in the house with nothing grounded running off a car battery and a battery charger. He is just transmitting RF everywhere and has no clue why he is causing problems for the neighbors. Good luck, he can enjoy his hobby he just needs to clean things up.

Good luck Skwerl. Trouble in the neighborhood is not good. Hopefully the sheriff visit will work. I have the best neighbors around here. Everyone is respectful of everyone else and everyone is reasonable. How many times can you use everyone in a sentence?

My only 'close' neighbor, the nice old lady moved some years back. The woman who moved in was a divorced airhead. She wouldn't keep her dogs at home. During a particularly bad week I watched her watch her dogs walk into my garden near where our properties meet, and I reverted back to the 'quick tempered, aggressive, take no prisoners, Che'. Dogs never came back, never heard nor saw her again.

Our new neighbors had a bout of stupidity, did some target practice on their 5 acres plot. When a bullet zinged by my husband & son while they were out front working....they went over and met them. Told them there was no safe place to shoot on their property, sorry. My son took the young boy out target shooting on our property a few days later....seemed things were fine. The worst we have to contend with is the horrible whine of a dirt bike going round and round the 4 acre 'yard/pasture' next to their house. I keep reminding DH that it could be ALOT worse and that's 'happy kid' noise and to pretend it's just a chainsaw. Ha!

I think I would implode if I had to deal with close neighbors again.

I don't mind close neighbors. Then again all of my neighbors speak different languages so communication isn't a problem:|: everybody just smiles and waves and minds their own business.

Funny thing is, at our vacation house where it is much more rural, all the neighbors are in our chit consatantly....:?

Good fences make good neighbors; the taller the fence, the better the neighbor. ;)

Wifey dear was a city girl,born and bred. Your's truely is a country bumkin .

I got the old gal out of the urban and into the rural 12 years ago .It would take a team of Budweiser Clydesdales to drag her back .

The comical part of me living in the city was having a bulldozer and a tractor behind a residential garage ,I'll bet they talked .:lol: Funny part is nobody had the seeds to say one word to me ,wonder why .:?

...I called the sherriff's department and asked if I could place an anonymous complaint. The dispatcher was not conducive to that, said they couldn't do anything without a victim. I told him that I absolutely did not want to confront the guy myself with officers present because I have to live here and the cops have to leave at some point. He said they couldn't help me so I ended the conversation and hung up...

If you're wondering about that, consult the Sixth Amendment

...I guess next week when he fires it up again I'll think about the needle trick. I don't want to cost him money or prevent him from pursuing his hobby, I just want him to keep it the f*** outta my house!
:X

Don't forget we're in an open forum.

As much fun as it might be it would not be wise to seek revenge by causing equipment damage to the perp .

Last winter ,if you recall I had problems with neighbors mangy curs dragging my garbage all over the place,getting in my garage and a whole bunch of things .My wife had a chat with them but to no avail .I had even threatened to barbeque the offending canines and eat them for lunch a time or two .

Well nothing came of it .Good thing because I doubt that filet of cur would be tasty anyway .The dog lovers moved ,bag and baggage and two flea bitten mongrels .Good riddance ,case ended .

Most likely the loud mouth CB'er will either not pay the rent or mortgage and be down the road anyway .That no doubt has happened before and more times than not history repeats its' self .

There are a lot of ways of "getten even " but a person has to use discretion which has been said to be the better part of valor . Easy rider magazine at one time had a whole series of same .:/:

Brain storm .It would take some doing but if a person could make a parabolic reflector of the correct dimentions you could drive the guy nuts .

What I'm talking about is basically what a satelite reciever uses to concentrate the captured signals to the reciever portion of the antennia .It would have to have the ablity to change the amount of concavity of it's shape because you can't change the range .If it were tuned correctly once he transmits it would send it back at him so far out of cycle all he would get is enormous feed back,like an echo chamber . I have an evil mind at times .:evil:

.... . -.-- ..-. --- .-.. -.- ... --..-- .... --- .-- ... - .... .. ... ..-. --- .-. .--. .-. . - - -.-- -.-. --- --- .-.. .-.-.- .... .-

Translator

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Since Paul bumped the thread, I'll post an update.

The guy with the radio is not the owner of the house, it appears he's just rooming there with the couple who own (or rent) the house. Perhaps he's a relative, I don't know. But ever since the cops showed up at the house, his radio has been silent. Perhaps the boss of the house put his foot down and demanded that the illegal amp be disconnected or whatever. Regardless, there has not been ANY radio interference in the last several days.

And for you guys trying to imitate this guy's radio voice, he's Hispanic and half black. He talks more in an urban rap style with a Latin accent, not redneck country.

- .... .- -. -.- ... .--. .- ..- .-.. --..-- .. .... .- -.. .-.. --- ... - - .... .. ... .-.. .. -. -.-

we was imitating cw mccall
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/TFYmcFKSjXI&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/TFYmcFKSjXI&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I'm not sure when he took it down, but the antenna is gone. It looks like he took the cb antenna off his car as well (low rider '91 Chevy econobox with fart can muffler). I guess the visit from the cops scared the crap outta him. :lol:

Back