Accident

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I think he's in a recovery facility right now

Picture I saw looked like they gutted him, must have had internal injuries i'd guess

I had a look at his facebook page a couple of weeks ago and that picture was there, couldn't see much else.

Sure looks bad.

netree.jpg

Musta been a very quick and scary ride down, wrist fracture being the least of his problems at the point of rescue he needed to be at a level one trauma center as fast as possible ...

I would not ever wish harm to ANY other tree worker. No one is deserving of it. But I cant help but to think that anyone would freely choose to knowingly operate equipment that is in disrepair and trust their life with it..........one day the odds will be against you, and you had it coming.

I wish him the best, but shake my head at his poor judgement which landed him where he is.

Much agreed, Top. His size, and knowing how people tend to dynamically load buckets (cut and chuck) was adding fuel to the fire, so to speak.

/
Treehousers:

I am disappointed to learn that some of you have the opinion that I "got what was coming to me" for operating such a derelict rig. The fact is, the information which Brian posted that precipitated this opinion is quite dated... and very wrong.

The truck is quite legally registered, titled, and insured. Yes... it was in a state of disrepair when I received it as payment for monies owed. In the years since, I have replaced nearly every hose, the cables (operating and leveling), and many bearings. The truck and lift were not in poor condition at the time of the accident.

I do not know yet exactly what failed; I have only returned home today, and it will be a week or two before I am up to climbing around the truck to investigate the precise failure.

With love,
Erik "NeTree"

I'm on neither side of the conflict.

I wonder about the lifespan of a boom. I hear that WaDOT "rebuilds" their aerial lifts after 5 years and sells it after 9 total. SP is not on that same program.

I'm glad to have a 5 year old boom, always used by my supervisor and whoever was in my job.

I don't like rental buckets much, but they sure are nice ever once in a while.

I mentioned before about hearing some Asplundh guys having caught tops on their buckets (sounded like as a rope rigging point) from a pair of former A-crew members.

I like being tied into a tree, without such a big target below, all the time.

Wouldn't want anybody to have such an accident.

Back